Investment Loans 95%

I don't think there's enough entrepreneurs going around, these tradies are just like any payg people because they see it as a job not as a business. They trained for it like the lawyers and accountants who trained and studied for their jobs.

And I would not call investment in property to be risk averse, what with the negative cash flows among many investors with the presumption that sometime in the future these properties will make handsome gains that's more than the losses incurred during the time held.

I would think as well the mineral wealth of this nation has made us complacent, hoping we don't need to be innovative when all we have to do is dig stuff from the ground and sell these raw materials. now we're come to the rude awakening of a Mining Bust and we're left scrambling for growth in other sectors, and surprise surprise the only one doing well is property sector that has to be muzzled by APRA. What other tricks can we pull out of the hat?
We haven't mentioned what % is invested in stocks/shares? I would say majority invested there in this country rather than RE (say about 65%)!
Many tradies, or accountants ALL have the same opportunity to become entrepreneurs. Many can leap from an employee, to self-employed to being a business owner or an investor. Not many will though, as it takes lots of different skills and years to learn! I know of few successful, one electrician who hires now around 60 electricians, so let's not mock these professions.
I think you are after job creation, well, I agree, to some extend we are lacking the future vision for Australia, say for the next 50 years, what do we want to become good at, what can we provide that the world may want, and thus create jobs and revenue?
IMHO, I think we have the advantage of land, and since food is becoming more scarce in how to feed the world, why don't we become major dominator in food production, not only do we have the land but in some parts climate too (no harsh winters like other countries, right?).
However, government interventions are of major concern here, imagine having limited or costly supply to water/irrigation, or being told what prices to set in global economy. So many challenges ahead but at least we would have some kind of a plan, right?

Returning to the OP, who is still doing 95%? Even better at Actuals. Or is it still to early to tell yet?
Looking to do 630k including Costs with 60k down. 6% yield.

Back