Investment Opportunities

Hi there

If any time poor people out there are interested I have some great opportunities available in most states. Some requiring only small deposits until completion - these are houses and townhouses and all brand new in well researched areas.

Send a pm and let me know if there are any particular states that interest you and I will let you know what is currently available.

Sparky

Sparky

You will need to post a lot more information if this is to stay. Provide examples, numbers, locations etc.

We do not encourage deals which have to be explained by PM. Information is posted for the benefit of all members.

Hi all,

Sparky,

As you have a couple of hundred posts, you are obviously being shown a bit of leniency in regard to your post here.

If this post had been in your first few, then it would have been erased and you would probably have been banned as a spammer.

I note that you put your occupation as 'Newspaper Advertising Manager' and wonder what brought on your ad, especially as you have been asking lots of questions in the 'where to buy' section.

Your comment.....

I have some great opportunities available in most states

does not make a lot of sense when you have been asking about areas all over the country.

As Geoff asked, more information please

bye

I have to say that I would consider a post like that to be spam. I sounds to me like something a newbie would want to enquire about, so I think a lot more information should be made available up front, so that if anyone is interested they can ask questions & other forum members can comment.

Oops sorry me and my big feet!

I have been very fortunate with the contacts I have made over the last few years and now have access to some great deals which I can't keep buying so it makes sense to inform interested people. As there are so many opportunities available I wouldn't fit them all in here and it depends on the kind of thing people are looking for but I did post one example somewhere else (can't remember where now) which was for a house in Mount Martha on the Mornington Peninsula Victoria for $350,000 with a genuine guaranteed rental income of $300 per week after expenses. Deposit is only $5,000 with the balance on completion in December. A couple of 4 bed houses are coming up in Queensland whereby a small deposit of around $6,000 is put down initially with land titles approx 4-5 months away, land is settled and then nothing more to pay until completion which can be another 4-5 months away, this means reduced holding costs whilst the values increase. Just waiting for final details but the last few which were gone within a few days were $369,000 each - most of these have guaranteed rent whch means if you are without a tenant the rent is still paid to the landlord.

As an example I bought 2 x h/l packages interstate myself at $350,000 each and on completion the bank valuations came in at $500,000 each.

By asking lots of questions is how people learn Bill and by asking questions about a lot of areas just helps with the research also I'm not sure where my occupation fits in but the papers I work for are entertainment publications and we don't have any real estate advertising if you think there is some connection there. If i can help people as I have been helped surely that is a good thing?

By all means kill the thread if I am doing something wrong but it does say caveat empor doesn't it and surely people do their own due diligence when they know what is on offer.

Sparky

As there are so many opportunities available I wouldn't fit them all in here

I would imagine the forums have quiet a lot of Hard drive space and text posts don't take up a lot of room. ;)

My danger alarm goes off every time I hear the words "Rental Guarantee" so could you please back up the statement with hard facts as to the current yields, expected time frame of the guarantee and the expected yields post that time frame? Do you have figures on purchase price with comparable sales data?

Not saying you're not genuine and just trying to help out the members but I'd want to hear a lot more in the initial post before my interest was raised enough to send you a PM.

Cheers,

Arkay.

Hi Sparky,

I am interested in who is giving the rental gaurantee? is it the builder? if so how are they subsidising this? inflated purchase price perhaps? was the bank valuation done by an independant valuer or a builder commisioned one? are you yourslf getting any commision from any deals you pass on? how did you find out about these deals in the first place?

Just a couple of things that make me nervous.
cheers
splade

Hi Guys,

I think sparky's intent is genuinely not one of self interest. If I'm any judge of character, I can vouch for the integrity of the poster. Of course, do your own DD, but I for one like to be appraised of opportunities like this from people I know (like Sparky) who I already trust. If I had some spare cash lying around right now and a bit of spare servicability then I'd be PMing her now with some questions about the QLD H&L packages.

But not for me right now as the timing is wrong. Getting the banks to fork out $1M to develop Mona Vale is already testing the friendship a bit.

It would be a shame if we killed all these sorts of posts though, particularly when in Caveat Emptor, and by respected posters.

Just my 2c, I'm just a little guy too and certainly not a mod.

Cheers,
MW

yes, from sparkies second post I too feel like sparkies intent is genuine... however thats not to say the builder hasnt done the dirty on sparky :) really keen to find out how the garanteed rent is given. from my experience it is usually through inflated purchase prices, so the purchaser is actually funding their own garantee.

Hi Michael

Thank you for that I was about to say that there are a few people on the forum who do know me and one who is working on a development after flying across the other side of the country to see what was on offer.

Aswell as interstate opportunities that I have been fortunate enough to source attached is a pic of a current duplex project which should have made me $200,000 by completion and I have another lined up around the same but the third one should make $300,000.

I have a relationship with a Sales Manager (not Eagle any more as he moved on) and he has worked out good turnkey prices on a single storey, double storey and duplex design for me which I can team up with land on various estates locally in the Illawarra NSW, so there are a few things I can offer peole depending on what they are looking for hence the need for people to PM and tell me.

The properties do not all come with a rental guarantee. my personal experience was with 2 properties in WA. The houses were not overpriced at $350,000 per package and I was paid $250 per week when they were finished and there was a delay finding tenants, this is also paid if there is a gap between tenants during the 2 years of the guarantee. Meanwhile market rents may be a lot more or have risen but at least some of the rent would be covered.

Finally I am completely genuine, i have found a few ways to make money at this game so if anyone has interest they know where I am!

Sparky

Attachments

• Duplex Lot 38.jpg
    Duplex Lot 38.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 167
Hi all,

Sorry, I have to intrude here. I thought that this section was for particular deals, in fact I will quote from the rules for this section...

you will be called upon to substantiate, in detail, why your deal is worthy of consideration as a good deal. So, when posting, tell us up front, and in detail, WHY this is a good deal

Sparky, you have given NO details of anything!! So could you please answer the above?

bye

Hi sparky.
If the deals are good then which state is irrelevant.If you are going to spend time writing a Private message to someone , then you may as well give explicit details to everyone.
There s no point answering the same question over and over again from different people.
You can expect most people to be skeptical as there is no reason to take anything on board you write. However with clarification and discussion amongest members you do have a greatoppurtuinty to enhance your reputation.
If your offer is genuine , it is very gracious , but I am afraid if you don follow through with details , not only will it be a waste of time but your reputation will be tarnished for ever . On the Internet I believe the only thing you have is your reputation. The worst thing top do would be to now not continue what you initiated
Good luck
Les is 110% correct
Facts are essential , not flowery words.

The deals are good because they are in areas that people on this forum have already researched and know to be so. I have already in my second post given details of one excellent deal which interested people can receive details on but more specifically:

MOUNT MARTHA - $350,000

* 3 Bedroom
* 2 Bathroom
* 2 Garage With Remote
* 2 Car Bay/s
* FIRB Approved
* Council Rates: $700
* Water Rates: $700
* Strata Rates: $80

BARGAIN-Quality Property in one of Melbournes top spots - close to the beach

Brand New 3 Bed,2 Bath Home Completed end of October 2007.Situated in Mt Martha on the Mornington Peninsular, one of Melbourne's premier areas. These Homes come complete with all floor coverings, window treatments, 2 car lockup garage, air conditioned & fully landscaped. A $5,000 deposit secures one of these Homes with the balance of the purchase price payable on completion. Rental Vacancy Plan available.

Here is another:

MUSSWELLBROOK HUNTER VALLEY - $352,500 offering a $350 per week rental vacancy plan

* 4 Bedroom
* 2 Bathroom
* 2 Garage
* 2 Car Bay/s
* FIRB Approved

FOUR BEDROOM TWO BATHROOM HOME - TWO YEAR RENTAL PLAN AVAILABLE!

Four bedroom two bathroom homes available all featuring quality floor coverings, window treatments, tiling, fencing and landscaping, HWS, stainless steel appliances, double garage and much more. Rental vacancy plan of $350 per week (max 15 weeks) over 2 years. All you need is $1000 deposit on land and $5,000 on building contract. Settle on land first then progress payments on construction (same as House and Land package). A substantial and very attractive country town of historic buildings and tree-lined streets, situated beside the Hunter River 257km north of Sydney and 144 metres above sea level. Expansion is on the rise due to employment opportunities. Also known for mining and agriculture.

I also have details of properties available in:

NSW - Aberglasslyn, Chatswood, East Maitland, Musswellbrook, San Remo, Illawarra region

Queensland - Hervey Bay, Laidley, Lilyvale, Ipswich, Brisbane

Victoria - Bendigo, Melbourne, Melton, Mount Martha, Pakenham, Tarneit, Wyndham Vale

Also WA but I prefer these 3 states at the moment as do most people on the forum.

I hope this keeps people happy because it is a waste of my time to keep defending myself when I have genuine enquiries that I can be helping people with. I don't think I have to list every one of the deals on here as it isn't realestate.com after all but a forum where I am offering to help people who may be genuinely interested.

Sparky

Hi Sparky,

Thanks for sending me details (sizeable pdf so can't be loaded here) of 101 Harrop.

While I understand the project is for a new property, I think it is important to compare with established propoerties in the area.

Here are some in the same area that are comparable to the project in size:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...=&fmt=&header=&c=38222953&s=vic&tm=1192755777

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...=&fmt=&header=&c=38222953&s=vic&tm=1192755777

This one on a much larger block:

This one is a similar project across the road

so the pricing you have seems "comparable" but my personal opinion is that it would be misleading to label it a "bargain"

Cheers,

The Y-man

Hi Y-Man

You are missing the point here as my first post explains I am showing opprtunities to people who are time poor and don't have the spare time that you obviously do have. There is also the rental guarantee which most properties do not offer.

As I said if GENUINE people who are interested contact me I can help them.

Sparky

Y-Man looked on www.re.com and ran a search. How hard is that?

Also, sparky, if I may ask, will you be making any financial gains from your referrals?

Call me weird but I don't like rental guarantees. A property should be able to stand on its own two feet, so to speak. And it makes me wonder what the developer has built into the price to be paid for the 'comfort' of a rental guarantee.
Alex

My own rental guarantee experiences have been very positive and no the properties were not overpriced, I think most people would have experienced vacant properties and would have preferred to receive income. As Y-man says the Mount Martha opportunity is comparable so no-body is looking to rip anybody off.

I must say that I have received many positive responses outside of the forum but some have been from people who have stopped posting because of the negative feedback they receive, it always seems to come from the same people too.

I think this has become a pointless exercise, I don't think I am a spammer or trying to rip anyone off but if people want to judge me by their own morals then so be it!

Sparky

I don't think you're trying to rip people off. But nor do I think these properties are such 'bargains'. If they were why aren't you refinancing the gains you've already made to buy more? Also, if prices are comparable to properties without rental guarantees, why is the developing putting one in? Are they having trouble selling? And what's to stop me from going to the one without the guarantee, saying 'this other guy is selling at the same price with a rental guarantee, so why don't you knock $10k off the price'? Isn't that what you as an investor would do?

I do ask again, Sparky, what do you get by introducing people to these properties? If you receive something, please say so. Nothing wrong with that, but I think that's information that should be disclosed.
Alex

Back