Investment Opportunities

They have been investing and researching properties for 30 years and more and invest in the same deals as are on offer to other people, there are generally 20 or 30 come up at one time in each of the areas and some are gone within a couple of weeks as people recognise that they are good buys. and sorry if anyone felt insulted, but no more so than I am being insulted by my integrity being questioned to the nth degree!

I am sure that many of you have as many years and more experience so apologies to those people. I have learned from all of you as much as from my other sources so sorry if that came out all wrong!

I did say along with my own research Alexlee !

Sparky

My opinion is my opinion. Others may not agree. Who knows, you may well be presenting a good deal. I just have my concerns.

I for one am NOT questioning your integrity. I don't really care about that. I'm questioning the competency of those who did the research and, by implication, yours in recommending the property. Nor am I saying it's good or bad, since I don't know the area or you personally: I just think that's something that has to be questioned.

In my opinion, time is not the only determinant of competency.
Alex

but no more so than I am being insulted by my integrity being questioned to the nth degree!

Sorry, but this IS 'Caveat Emptor', and you could profit from this (nothing wrong with that of course) and if we didn't question you and just accepted your offer as is I think that'd be very, very foolish. Even if a couple here are seen to 'endorse' your character.

Still waiting for your 'extremely well researched' clarification on what suburb this property is actually in...Mt Martha or Osborne?!

Or does that not matter?

Hi Simon

Thank you for your suppport!

I must admit until Michael put his head around the door I had actually thought about joining the people who have told me they stopped posting because of similar assaults, but after Michael I thought stuff the lot of them I am genuine and I do have something to offer so I ain't going anywhere.

Feel free to point a few time poor friends in my direction, another esteemed broker from the forum is considering JV's with me for next year and he knows about ALL of my transactions!

Sparky

Geez fellas, sparky23 has put this in the appropriate forum and obviously isn't the devil himself......

You've made some important points about rental guarrantees etc., but the repetative warnings and arguments are beginning to sound like the writings of YM and HG (but on a different issue)...........

stuff the lot of them I am genuine and I do have something to offer so I ain't going anywhere.
Good on ya sparky.

My take on all this FWIW.

For anyone with genuine questions for sparky, ask away. It appears she has answered questions thus far to the best of her ability.

Just don't see why she has to cop the negative slant on some of the posts.

If you are not interested, don't read the thread anymore.

Regards
Marty

Really, my 1998 Melways had it has Osborne!

So does mine! Comparing the 1998 & 2001 editions Osborne is missing from the latter.

However note that in '98 Osborne was in lower case, whereas Mt Martha was in capitals. Hence it was likely a locality name rather than a full suburb back then. For some reason Melway dropped it only to bring it back when the area became more settled.

It is only in the last few years that buses (route 784) started using it as a destination eg http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/route/view/981

Does all this matter? Well if it didn't then we wouldn't have phenomena like the continually expanding Brighton or Camberwell or estate agents committing such geographical crimes as saying a house is in Bentleigh/Ormond each week.

'Walking distance' for me is 500-800m, so not particularly convenient from this point of view, but a short drive/bus trip I guess. Not sure what Bentons Square is like, anyone been here?

Only a drive - the bus doesn't go to Mount Martha or local beaches - just Mornington and Frankston. The driving distance would be a little more than Frankston North to the beach, so maybe 10 min.

I haven't been to Bentons Square, but Google reveals doctors, a pharmacy, community centre and Safeway, so it seems to have enough for day to day needs at least.

Hi Sparky
I agree that you are genuine & are not trying to rip people off. However, you could take a lesson from this post & present it similar way that Y-man did.

You did call it a bargain, even if you were just copying the flyer. You did not "quote it" so people have to assume that you said it.
MOUNT MARTHA - $350,000

* 3 Bedroom
* 2 Bathroom
* 2 Garage With Remote
* 2 Car Bay/s
* FIRB Approved
* Council Rates: $700
* Water Rates: $700
* Strata Rates: $80

BARGAIN-Quality Property in one of Melbournes top spots - close to the beach
Thank you however for the constructive advice I shall take that on board, I did not produce the flier that used the word 'bargain'. There are plenty of other deals available if this one is unimpressive so when I get chance I will pop on another if you like and you can have a crack at that one!
I don't know if this deal was good, bad or indifferent & wouldn't query you on that. Initially at least, I think you should answer any queries on the forum, rather than by PM.
Best wishes
Steve

Deposit is only $5,000 with the balance on completion in December. A couple of 4 bed houses are coming up in Queensland whereby a small deposit of around $6,000 is put down initially with land titles approx 4-5 months away, land is settled and then nothing more to pay until completion which can be another 4-5 months away, this means reduced holding costs whilst the values increase. Just waiting for final details but the last few which were gone within a few days were $369,000 each - most of these have guaranteed rent whch means if you are without a tenant the rent is still paid to the landlord.
Sorry, one more point Sparky
You have used some very emotive words here that I have bolded... I would assume these were also taken from the flyer? Also, you have assumed "values increase" but this is not always the case. Being realistic, you could say that values might or should increase depending on the history of the area.
Steve

Hi Steve

I don't think there is any emotion in the words and I believe that most people on the forum believe that Queensland is heading in the right direction at the moment.

Sparky

Just as well this is cyberspace. If the gate keepers on SS could get their hands on Sparky she would have joined Tom Dooley hangin from the 'ol oak tree by now.

Again I'm dismayed by the double standards shown by the denizens of SS: On one hand learning a bit about the stock market and the economic climate which drives it (and RE) is asking too much and, therefore, one cannot be expected to improve on returns from MFs. On the other hand we are all expected to live, breathe RE and be so knowledgeable that we need no help.

Me? Call me Schultz. I know nuttin! If I was in the market for property I would be willing to look at Sparkie's offerings. Give her a break!

ps Someone who seems to know nominated the F gender. I'm blindly following. :)

Just wanting to mention too that the local agents marketing properties in Harrap Road also think they are selling properties in Mount Martha!

Sparky

hey sparky - obviously i don't know you from a bar of soap but i have to at least pat you on the back for trying with this one...you copped a pounding and stayed on your feet to answer the barbs.

I have similar stock for sale (from what you have described) in and around Sth East QLD (yes some with the allegedly hideous rental guarantee) so understand what you are trying to do. I haven't been game to post them!!:p

good luck with it!!

cheers
UC:D

Back