Investment potential in Rutherford

Hey All,

I'm very new to the property investment game, and I was recently told by someone at an investment seminar that Rutherford, NSW was an area with good potential growth. I was up there today and there seems to be a large amount of development taking place and prices seem very affordable.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this area and it's potential?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Not sure about Rutherford, but just in general Maitland area has been growing well and also nearby Branxton/Rothbury areas may look to do well in the future. The new F3 express way has all been approved and is being built etc. Once that gets completed things may look stronger in these areas.. But I reckon it'll take a while for that to take effect. In the mean time, Muswellbrook looks promising right now, rental yields are starting to go pretty high.

Plenty of land (supply) to meet demand = not much pressure on prices (hence why prices seem "affordable" as you say).

Be wary of investment seminars with a product to sell :cool:

Thanks for the advice recruit2 and Propertunity, I will have a look at Muswellbrooke and keep an eye on the areas you mentioned around Maitland.

As for the seminars, Propertunity where else would you recommend I could get advice on the property market (besides the forum) without always having to be pressured into buying something?

Thanks again

As for the seminars, Propertunity where else would you recommend I could get advice on the property market (besides the forum) without always having to be pressured into buying something?

To answer your Q bluntly you either have to go and spend the time and money to research the investment world to the nth degree yourself or hire your own help in the form of a Buyers Agent ;)

No, I'm not touting for business - but that is the only 2 ways I know - learn yourself or hire unbiased help. The seminar presenters are not all bad but if they also sell property I put them in the "be wary, very wary.....and then run away fast" file.

Back