investment properties

kph said:
Looks like we are off topic again.....
Keep it up..this discussion is far more interesting than the original topic..

Over to you seech for a response.

kp

Actually , I wasn't going to reply as Alex seems to shift the goal posts after each response I make ... First it was to He doesn't like dealing with fanatics.... ( who does ) and now he's holding up politicians , business leaders and religous leaders up as the people ( I assume by default he's implying me ) I hold up to be moral people... I'd actually agree with Alex that most of these people arn't people who I'd aspire to follow and are worth of our trust. IMHO the Dali Lama is worth the respect he gets , but Pope Pompose the whatever ....

But that's purely a divergence from my comments about prefering to deal with people who have a sense of what's right and what's wrong.

Example of what I'd consider to be the sort of behaviour that I would consider corrupt , in the context of IP's.

Agent goes around door knocking for sales . Finds an elderly house owner thinking of selling house. The house is on the Central coast , Beach front , at the time of the boom. Suitable for dual occ. Agent persuades owner to list with him , and house is put on the market for a very low price. Agent comes around and get the owner to sign the papers and then rings them in the morning to say the house is sold. Owner says, but no one's seen through it ....

You can guess the rest ....

Owners family are fuming , but respect their wishes not to put in a complaint because he is such a nice man...

True story . That agent is corrupt . He breached the trust of his client who he was legally meant to be representing.

If I knew the specific details I would have reported him to the appropriate people , but I didn't ..

So Alex is that the sort of thing you would do ?

Maybe in reality you're just a sharp operator who is prepared to take advantage of situations that arise.

If not , maybe you should define what you consider to be the sort of corrupt behaviour you would do.

See Change

To be honest, I don't know. I tend to assess situations as they come up. In that example, I probably won't directly sucker the elderly owner like you described (having said that, I'm not sure I would condemn him, either).

However, if that agent came to me, offered me that elderly owner's property and said 'Hey, I just found a great deal for you!'...... I can't say I won't take it. As I said in another post, my ethics decay with proximity to the dodginess.

In any case, we do what we're comfortable with, and that's different for each person. I respect those who do act selflessly (Mother Theresa, etc) for the good of others but I have no desire to join them. I also disrespect enough leaders that I'm happy to go my own way no matter what society says.

In short, let's agree to disagree. Sorry I hijacked the thread.
Alex

Sheesh, why do you want to "bump" his threads?

Skater, my guess is that Pitt is wanting to get all the threads up there together to highlight the fact that the guy has started so many ads ..... err threads on regurgitating the same stuff.
JIM

Last edited:
I understand that Jimmy, however everytime someone posts (like silly me just now) it has the potential of someone reading it & believing that Nigel is really out to help people.:eek:

crap

I have been continually critized on this site. I now state thare I will simple give a commentery on my experiences and I still recieve nothing but crap. How dare you question my honesty. I have tried to answer the critics on this site and still get attacked.

Back