Investment Property Data on realestate.com.au

Hi all,

I am currently beginning my process of searching for my 1st IP. I'm using Margaret Lomas' 20 Must Ask Questions as a guide. I'm in 1st steps trying to hone in on some areas with decent cash flow to begin with.

I'm trawling through realestate.com.au and have noticed the Investment Property Data section for every town/suburb which lists the gross yield, estimated cash flow etc. for that property type in that suburb.. just wondering if others find these calculations handy? Or if it's better to neglect them and try to work out your own average yield calculation?

Any recommendations for searching? I'm finding it a bit difficult. My aim is to locate towns/suburbs throughout Australia with strong growth potential, but minimal cash out of pocket (i.e. at least 5% yield).

Any advice is appreciated :)

Dave

I'm trawling through realestate.com.au and have noticed the Investment Property Data section for every town/suburb which lists the gross yield, estimated cash flow etc. for that property type in that suburb.. just wondering if others find these calculations handy? Or if it's better to neglect them and try to work out your own average yield calculation?

Never used that.

If you are looking for high rental yields look in regional towns.

However I wouldn't be chasing rental yields as my main driving factor.

Back