Investment suburbs in inner west, Sydney

Does anyone have views about good investment suburbs for new apartments in inner west Sydney? I have been reading some conflicting reports. I have been thinking about Camperdown and was wondering if anyone have any views and ideas of this suburb.

Does anyone have views about good investment suburbs for new apartments in inner west Sydney?

Summer Hill, Enmore, Leichhardt, Stanmore, Lewisham, Petersham, Stanmore - all those places along the railway line should be fine and in high demand.

What conflicting stuff have you heard?

What propertunity said.

If looking for an IP, as I am, focus on anything within 1km from a train station - most people who live in the inner west commute to work in the CBD.

Summer Hill, Enmore, Leichhardt, Stanmore, Lewisham, Petersham, Stanmore - all those places along the railway line should be fine and in high demand.

What conflicting stuff have you heard?

Thanks propertunity for your input. I read that many Sydneysiders are sick of the congestion and city living. Whilst there is still an influx of people into the city area, many are also moving away to other less populated areas such as north and south coast. On balance, I feel it is still growing and demand will be there. What do you think of Camperdown? Have you heard about the TRIO apartments there? I'm looking for more views and advice about it. It is very close to Parramatta road and buses are plentiful into the CBD. Cheers.

What propertunity said.

If looking for an IP, as I am, focus on anything within 1km from a train station - most people who live in the inner west commute to work in the CBD.

Thanks for that Auror. Yes I have always looked to get properties even within about 200 - 300m of the train station. From my experience, close to the trains is something tenants always look for.

Innerwest is definitely the place to be! Been living here for a bit over 10years including Camperdown, Rozelle, Croydon and Pyrmont. Anywhere that you can walk to buses on Vic Road is excellent (Balmain, Rozelle, Drummoyne etc). Trains are fine too so the suburbs already mentioned rate well. Camperdown being close to Syd Uni and Newtown has a lot of students around so tenant selection would need to be critical. Good luck!

Innerwest is definitely the place to be! Been living here for a bit over 10years including Camperdown, Rozelle, Croydon and Pyrmont. Anywhere that you can walk to buses on Vic Road is excellent (Balmain, Rozelle, Drummoyne etc). Trains are fine too so the suburbs already mentioned rate well. Camperdown being close to Syd Uni and Newtown has a lot of students around so tenant selection would need to be critical. Good luck!

I am a little too old (not hip enough :) ) to live in Camperdown but I can see why it attracts the younger generation - close to restaurants in Newtown, Sydney Uni like you said and so close and accessible to the city. You're also right about tenant selection. I was thinking more along the lines of a mature professor who might treat my IP better than rampaging and partying students! :D Having said all this, I feel it's kinda expensive, especially the TRIO apartments where my wife has been bugging me to buy :(

On balance, I feel it is still growing and demand will be there. What do you think of Camperdown?

Well according to RPData's free stuff which comes from the ABS anyway:
The population of Camperdown in 2001 was 7,955 people. By 2006 the population was 6,542 showing a population decline of 18% in the area during that time. The predominant age group in Camperdown is 20 - 29 years.

Unfortunately I don't know what has happened to the population from 2006 - now. But you are right about it mostly being young people :D Which also aligns with over 60% of the people living there being renters.

I like Camperdown's proximity to the Uni & Broadway. I especially like Forest Lodge. It should all do well.

Back