Investor Clubs

W

WebBoard

Selling fees
Date: 6/27/00
Time: 12:09:14 AM

Can anyone tell me what fees the investors club charge. I went to their web site and it said the developer pays, but who pays the developer? The end user? Does the investors club receive any fees? Are they real estate agents?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron

Reply: 1

Re: Selling fees
Date: 8/1/00
Time: 3:27:44 PM

I went to their meeting and they said the builder normally pays Real Estate agents, Newspaper Ads, Promotional Material, the club also offers a quicker turnover as they have over 20,000 members and many qualified purchasers looking for an investment property.

Wayne Hay

Reply: 1.1

Time: 10:17:04 AM

Hi Nico, You may want to email me.. I bought my first investment property through them and have since purchased another four through another group..

I'm happy to share my experiences with you, good and bad..

I've been smart enought to research all the negatives as well as the positives and put in the necesary "Risk Management" strategies to protect my investments.

Its not a bad system they use but I know & use much better..with better results

Regards, Wayne

Geoff W

Reply: 1.1.1

Time: 9:15:09 AM
Remote Name: 152.91.8.254

Comments
Quoting a post from Scott- "Read the thread that starts 'Windsor - Brisbane' onwards."

Nico

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Re: Selling fees-Geoff W
Time: 11:42:31 AM

I have read the windsor posts. It didnt answer my question. In fact it's what prompted me to ask the question in the first place. Thanks for pointing that section out though, it is appreciated! This is the first time I have visited this site.

Cheers, Nico

Geoff W

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Re: Selling fees-Geoff W
Date: 6/28/00
Time: 9:23:24 AM

Hi Nico,

Fees are paid by the person who builds. He pays a commission to the Investors Club. The figure mentioned in the aforementioned thread is $11,500 for a property. I don't know if that figure is correct, and I don't know how that compares with real esatate commission. I guess, the same as any third party mortgage broker, they would get a commission from the lender if you arrange finance through them.

Geoff

Nico

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Selling fees - continued
Date: 6/29/00
Time: 12:56:20 AM

So the developer pays the investors club $11,500 to sell a property. yet the web site says that technically their services are free?

I rang some agents and asked what the going rate of Commission was and it sure wasnt any where near that figure.

And why the panic on the Investors Club web site about submitting a form if you are already dealing with someone in the club. What the hell does that mean?

This is a tad confusing or am I being too logical?

Geoff W

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Re: Selling fees - continued
Time: 9:51:22 PM

Out of interest- what is the going rate of commission? Do people know the range of commissions charged?

I would have imagined the range could be very big. I don't mind an agent charging me a commission which is reasonable. But I don't even know what reasonable is.

What are the going rates? How close to going rates was the $11,000?

Geoff

Nico

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Date: 6/30/00
Time: 4:11:03 PM

On the smaller priced stuff it appears to be 4-5% of the sale price (up to $120,000)

On larger priced property (120,000 - 250000) it seems to be 2-3% which is still hell of a lot less than $11,500.

David

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Time: 8:18:02 PM

Has anyone had an experience on another marketer called "Master Marketing" now with a name change to "Australian Property Masters"? They are reportedly the guise of Ray White and heavily promote their own property. Would like to confirm their large fee?

Back