Investor Clubs

W

WebBoard

The Investors Club
Date: 8/1/00
Time: 3:11:49 PM

Has anybody heard of the Investor's Club? I have not yet got into investment property but I did go to a meeting held locally in Sydney's Nothern suburbs and they seem to be a useful group to help you get into investment property. Any feedback is appreciated. Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Lina

Reply: 1

Re: The Investors Club
Time: 4:21:49 PM

Ron B please read thread Windsor - Brisbane onwards. There's quite abit of info for you. Hope this helps. (starts from date 18/6)

Geoff W

Reply: 1.1

Re: The Investors Club- thank you Scott
Time: 9:00:06 PM

Hi,

In that thread, take particular note of what Scott's had to say.

As a person with very little experience, I've found Scott's remarks most helpful. I've also seen those remarks used by some of the big companies as ammunition against Investor's Club - which is a pity in a way, because they're probably not as bad as others.

A particular thank you to Scott. I forwarded your mail to a colleague who was interested in a free flight to the Gold Coast with one of the bigger badder organisations. Scott, your reply to him saved him making the same mistake as many. Thanks for the help. Getting a story from someone with experience made a world of difference.

Geoff W

Scott

Reply: 1.1.1

Re: The Investors Club- thank you Scott
Date: 8/4/00
Time: 10:19:55 PM

Geoff

Your friend emailed me. I am glad that he came out of it reasonably unscathed. He certainly learned a lot :) I just hope that his encounter with this organisation does not turn him off property investment.

If you are comparing The Investors Club with some of the more agressive organisations, they are definately a better option. However, be aware that they are not a club but are a marketting organisation who make a hefty commission on the properties that they sell. I believe that when using these organisations any investor should always get an independant valuation and rent appraisal prior to settling on a property.

Although I am not aware , first hand, of any oganisations using my comments against The Investors Club, I am very unhappy about the possibility of this occuring. My comments were intended for the information of people on this forum only. I would hate it to be implied that I was supporting any other organisation, certainly not one unethical enough to use my remarks without my consent!

That's my two bob's worth.

Scott

Marina L

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Date: 8/11/00
Time: 10:28:22 PM

We went to one of their free meetings and we did learn a great deal about strategies and how you can retire by purchasing 7 properties. The only concern we had with the investors club is that they only look at selling brisbane properties. We are from Melbourne and as our accountant said to us "stick with what you know" and "why does the club need to find Melbournians to purchase Brisbane properties? Take our advice and do not put all your eggs into Brisbane properties. I have no problem with buying one property there, but do not listen to the Investors Club and buy all 7 there. That is too risky. We have 2 IP's in melbourne and I can tell you honestly that we are looking for our 3rd in melbourne independant of any clubs.

Be warned - they do make sales commissions out of every property sold in brisbane.

Andrew

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Date: 8/19/00
Time: 9:10:35 PM

Big write up on the Investors Club in the Australian Financial Review dated Sat 19th August http://www.afr.com.au/property/20000819/A13051-2000Aug18.html

you were right about commissions!!!

I cant recall the Support members saying they got 2% however!!!!!!

Curious?

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Re: Investing in Brisbane
Date: 8/14/00
Time: 1:45:00 PM

How can you say buying all your properties in Brisbane would be putting all of one's eggs into one basket, and then comment that you are about to purchase your third in Melbourne? Do as I say and not as I do?

Marina L

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Date: 8/14/00
Time: 10:35:34 PM

What I meant was that because I do not know the Brisbane market or suburbs well enough it would be too risky for me to buy all my properties there, especially from investment clubs making finacial gains out of selling. I would consider buying just one but that would be from my own independant research. If you know Brisbane well enough yourself and you want to buy all your properties there then that is fine but as I said if you are totally going to rely on the investors club for all your property purchases and you don't know anything about brisbane then that I think is a bit riskier and that is what I meant by "do not put all your eggs in one basket" in something that you are not entirely sure of.

We love Melbourne and we know it well and feel comfortable buying here and that is why we are putting all our eggs in Melbourne property.

Baby is crying , got to go.

Anthony C

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Date: 8/18/00
Time: 3:37:49 PM

We bought IP 4 in brissy, other three in melb, definately recommend doing your own research. Also helps having someone independant up there to help you out. Interested to know what suburbs you bought into in melb and what suburbs you're looking at now?

We have been looking at collingwood, abbotsford and richmond, still seems a bit pricey. you can answer us personnaly if you like on [email protected]

Back