Investor Clubs

W

WebBoard

quantity surveyor, The investors club, Vendor financing
Date: 28 Nov 2000
Time: 09:15:56

I am looking for opinions on a quantity surveyor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am also going to an information workshop being held by "The investors club" and would also appreciate any backround information on this both "good and bad" If any. And last but not least I would like to talk to anyone doing wraps or vendor financing in WA. Cheers and thanks for any information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason

Reply: 1

Re: quantity surveyor, The investors club, Vendor financing
Date: 04 Dec 2000
Time: 17:32:02

I've dealt with the Investors Club in Brisbane and would like to share my experience with you. First of all my wife and myself signed an expression of interest on a unit with the Investors Club for $150,222 (not negotiable) on a Sunday afternoon last year. At 8.00am the next day I went to the Yellow Pages and called a Real Estate agent in the area and asked for a list of properties that they had for sale in the area. I was stunned when the exact same unit that I had looked at with the Investors Club was for sale for $145,000. With the help of the Real Estate agent we negotiated a price of $142,000. That's a saving of over $8,000 on the Investors Clubs so called special price.

I also found out that the real estate agent made $4,000 for the sale. The Investors Club made $11,000 from the sale because I signed an expression of interest on the property with them. If you go to a meeting with them make sure you find out how much they are ripping you off for. Ditto for your so-called support member. Kevin Young has accused me of slandering the Investors Club but has not replied to any of my complaints.

???

Reply: 1.1

Date: 04 Dec 2000
Time: 20:12:00

I went to the meeting and I thought a smelt a fish. In their brochure they say that the properties are positively geared, but in the brochure they said you get great taxation deductions (from the losses you make). After a heated discussion on the definition of negatively gearing, they agreed the brochure was incorrect. You can easily get positive cashflow from properties if you are more creative when purchasing properties. Four properties purchased at $62 000 each can return over $9 000 000 in 25 years. It's all about positive cash flow and reinvesting the money into a Managed Fund such as Bankers Trust - european growth fund.

Jason

Reply: 1.1.1

Date: 05 Dec 2000
Time: 17:15:19

Just a little more info if you require. The Investors Club is not actually a self help group as it is often described. As far as I am aware it is a business in its own right that is owned by Lisson Pty Ltd. It is a marketing company whose sole aim is to sell properties and make money for Kevin Young etc. None of this was ever disclosed to me until I carried out research on them.

I think that the only reason that they sell in Brisbane is because of a loophole in the law that allows marketing companies to sell property. Because they are not bound by the same rules as Real Estate Agents they can get a commission far greater that allowable under Qld law. In my case the maximum that the Real Estate agent can get for a $142,000 property is $4,000. The Investors Club received $11,000 in commisions from that one sale. And I thought they were trying to help me! Anyway, Best wishes with your investing!!!!!!

Peter Soll

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Time: 23:10:25

They are a one sided organisation who only have one concept of investing in property. It is not an investor club but a negatively geared property club that convinces you to buy a property through them (they get all the hidden commissions). If you like losing money each month on your investment it's a great club.

I know of many other ways of obtaining better returns on your property. One of my properties that I purchased for $62 500 producing positve cash flow will return more money than a property that is purchased for $250 000 under a negatively gear concept (assume the $250 000 house doubles every 7 years). It's a good start to listen to their idea and then start looking at more creative real estate ideas.

Donna S

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Time: 10:31:44

Hi, is the "Investors Club" info night you refer to related to the one growing out of this Forum? If so, could you please provide details about who is organising it etc. as i would like to join the mailing list. Thanks

Liam

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Time: 13:45:08

They are holding a workshop in a nearby town and I was chasing information to other peoples opinions. I looked through the archives of this forum any found heaps of info 99% good. I also looked at the website which I also found in the archives: http://www.investclub.com.au.

I still reccommend looking yourself so you can form your own opinion. I already own several properties all of which was purchased with me doing all my own research so I dont know what they will be like but since its free if I learn something new it will be to my benefit. I also got the information I required on Quantity surveying. Thank you to all who post helpful information.

Geoff W

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Date: 30 Nov 2000
Time: 19:31:26

Liam,

I'm surprised you found 99% good on the Investors Club, because there's some extremely negative comments in the archive. See the thread "Windsor - Brisbane", most of all comments from Scott.

Rather than going via the search, open up the archive forum, wait for it to load, and do a search on the page (rather than going via the search forum) for "Windsor - Brisbane".

Geoff

Fran

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Time: 11:55:18

I know groups of people who are doing wraps/vendor financing (there is a slight diff. between the two) in WA. Also know a little about the Investor's Club. Contact me direct on [email protected] if you wish to find out more.

Peter L

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Date: 03 Dec 2000
Time: 15:26:06

Hi, I have purchased my first IP through the investors club. Having done extensive research and finding no problems with the concept or fees. The world revolves around fees and commissions. How else do finance brokers and real estate agents survive? As regards to the comments from Scott in the Windsor - Brisbane thread I get the feeling that these comments are from one "media myopic" person as Jan talks about. You can email me at [email protected] if you like, so you can phone me later. No other negative responses to this posting THANKYOU.

Back