Investor focus should switch to Queensland - Terry Ryder

Is this the same Terry Ryder who advised people not to buy in the Blacktown LGA, back in April 2008? http://www.heraldsun.com.au/archive...ey-dont-go-there/story-e6frf7l6-1111116195528

The same suburbs that have been going gangbusters for the last few years?:confused:

That's one of the hazards of being in the predictions business, I suppose. ;)

That's the problem with predictions by gurus they don't always get it right, I reviewed BIS Shrapnel predictions and they also got many wrong. M Yardney, some of the areas in Melb that he would not touch ended up the star performers. No one's perfect, just don't put too much faith in predictions;)

I don't think many saw Syd West coming, professionals from India/immigration etc. I believe has driven this market.

MTR:)

Make enough and you will eventually get a few right.

exactly!! he also predicted moree

if you are a so called expert, your success rate has to be well above the average, if not, I will never believe anything they say again

Best to take these predictions and research the areas suggested to see if theres any substance in it.
Pity i didn't see past the fog when i was living in druitt,the place was and imo still is a ****h0le.Wouldn't live there but for an ip yes.

Best to take these predictions and research the areas suggested to see if theres any substance in it.
Pity i didn't see past the fog when i was living in druitt,the place was and imo still is a ****h0le.Wouldn't live there but for an ip yes.

Fall in love with the numbers not the property/area, I think they would have been cash flow positive, if purchased 3-4 years ago, there will always be other markets;)

Hi MTR,I agree re:numbers and other markets but having lived in druitt for 32yrs and what i went through without going into detail,if i didn't move to melb,i'd be dead by now.
Moving to melb was the best decision i ever made.
Cheers Spades.

Hi MTR,I agree re:numbers and other markets but having lived in druitt for 32yrs and what i went through without going into detail,if i didn't move to melb,i'd be dead by now.
Moving to melb was the best decision i ever made.
Cheers Spades.

Hi Spades
Good that it is working in Melb, just don't move to Broadmeadows, joking of course.
Invested in many undesirable areas which have then taken off, what does not kill you, makes you stronger:)

Last edited:
I did a stint at the Broadmeadows Pub whilst tripping around Australia as a youngin. I even caught the train there and have lived to tell the tail :)

Lucky you.:)
I purchased 5 properties in Broady and sold them prior to the bust cycle. Fun and games in this area

Is this the same Terry Ryder who advised people not to buy in the Blacktown LGA, back in April 2008? http://www.heraldsun.com.au/archive...ey-dont-go-there/story-e6frf7l6-1111116195528

The same suburbs that have been going gangbusters for the last few years?:confused:

That's one of the hazards of being in the predictions business, I suppose. ;)

A fibro house then would be $280-$320k, the same house today would be $420-450k. ....2008/2009 would be bottom trough for blacktown LGA and no-one wants to touch western sydney due to higher interest rate causing low incomer going default..

so if I were going against Terry Ryder and bought houses in Blacktown then I would've made 50% equity over the 5 years. If blacktown continues to go strong, i wouldn't be surprised to see another 50% increase in 5yrs...

My observation is that the market doubles from the previous top , so if you bought in the trough you might do more than that .

Cliff

My observation is that the market doubles from the previous top , so if you bought in the trough you might do more than that .

Cliff

Hi Cliff - since the price movements started earlier this year - based on history, do you expect this 'doubling' will happen over the next 2-3 years?

At the rate the prices are moving, I expect one of my IPs (units in the same block were selling at 180K-190K at the last peak) to reach that doubling point in the next year or so.

This is in Sydney btw.

exactly!! he also predicted moree

if you are a so called expert, your success rate has to be well above the average, if not, I will never believe anything they say again

I agree, Gladstone was his number one peak in early-mid 2012 when property was over-valued.

Another person to watch out for is Tony Born from WealthWith Property (and who knows how many other names). Using Terry Ryder's report Tony falsely persuaded many people like myself that Gladstone will be the best investment without any doubt!

It only lasted until the contract was signed!

I would ignore them both if anyone ever asked me.

Back