Investor focus should switch to Queensland - Terry Ryder

Hi all, I'm new here. In fact it's my first post in this forum!
I'm from Sydney and don't know the Brisbane area at all.
I've saved some money to by a unit in the Sydney Northern Beaches area where I rent but I think I missed the boat! Now I think it's overpriced. I decided to change my focus and buy a couple of properties in places that haven't gone up yet.
I've been following this trend here and done some research on Logan and Ipswich and they look like good places to start.
My only concern is that I'd need to use a Brisbane buyers agent otherwise I'd have to go to Brisbane several times and I don't have the time.
Does someone know a good trustworthy buyers agent in Brisbane?

Any chance you can tell us which suburbs or streets to avoid in Ipswich or greater Ipswich?

The first thing I would look in ipswich is the flood map.
go to Google type "<your suburb> flood map".
the first few url should help you find the if the property you're interested is flood prone.
Flood is a bigger issue than building, pest or housing commission.

The other not so well known hazard around Ipswich are the areas which are constructed above old abandoned mine shafts. Parts of Collingwood Park and Redbank have some significant subsidence issues.

Yeh he's had a punt on every town in Queensland in the last few years

Recent ones include Blackall and hughenden

you are right....but not just in Queensland, he has predicted the whole lot of Australian towns may be......but there are no shortage of takers, he must have lot of clientele......an probably much in demand too.......probably that's the reason for his unrealistic price hike....recently.....

......shouldn't I be opening my property predictions business......???? :D:D:D:D:D

Reading these posts I am a bit confused? How many of you invest outside the city you live in and look into property cycles? Not one city keeps growing uniformly year after year, but most follow the growth after each other. cities become undervalued, overvalued or on par.
Say from history the median price between VIC and QLD was around $60k but VIC prices grew so the disparity is now $110k in price. Smart investors will look elsewhere to invest.
I think his comments are quite general in nature and we should always back up information with our own research. Perhaps my thinking is simple but past history tells similar story. Just obtain stats on the cities and what growth they experienced and you will see not ALL of them grew simultaneously and continuously, but rather followed growth after each other, right?

Back