Investors Club ?

W

WebBoard

I know Investors Club has been mentioned a number of times in the previous forums. There were a few negative comments made about this club. Can you give me your thoughts (Good or bad) about the club?
Do you think a new investor like myself should purchase properties through the club?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

I think it depends on your long term goals.

If you only want to get into the market and are happy with average returns then I think you are probably better off putting your money into an ING Direct account paying 5.6%pa with no fees. It'll get you average returns and it's very safe.

If you eventually want to acquire lots of property (or enough to eventually be financially secure), then I think you should go through the motions yourself so that you can learn how the process works and be wiser for it. This will help you immensely in your future investing.

My opinion is that it is better to be in the market learning as much as possible (which you will NOT do when investing through a club) or out of the market and learning as much as possible so that you can be more informed when you eventually do enter the market.

You can learn everything you need to know to be successful by reading lots of books, asking questions in the forum and getting out there and doing it yourself !

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 2

Hi,

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but I believe these groups source new or off-the-plan IP's for their client's. If this is the type of property you are looking for, then check out their current stocks but do your own independent due diligence if you intend buying from them. It may be wise to engage a negotiator to cut back their marketing fee.

Regards, Mike

Reply: 2.1

Probably better off to do the work yourself if you have the time, ...

But sometimes people find they dont hav ethe time to learn all the tricks and find their own properties or even have time to work out if the price the club is asking is good or not... So in these cases using a club and getting lower return is probably better than doing nothing at all...

Back