IP-250K deposit for 2X400k houses or 800k house? Central Coast or Brisbane.

250K deposit for IP.

I am thinking about buying two houses around $400k or spending on one house around 800K.

eg. in central coast.

buy 2 $400K house in Wrong, blue heaven, San Remo, Lake Munmorah, toukley.

Or 1 house around $800k in Terrrigal, killcare, avoca, umina, st hubert island?

Just for investment, considering the rental yield and capital growth, what do you think a better option?

Brisbane median is over $450k. So at $400k you will only be able to buy old run down houses that will have big maintenance costs long term and almost no tax depreciation.

Land in Brisbane can be found from $250k in certain areas so a new house and land will cost around $500k

If you budget is $400k then Ipswich and parts of Logan may be an option for you.

Brisbane median is over $450k. So at $400k you will only be able to buy old run down houses that will have big maintenance costs long term and almost no tax depreciation.

I think that's a bit of a generalisation. New does not guarantee a maintenance free property plenty of teething problems that can be problematic in new places.

Are you only looking at stand alone houses or would you look at townhouses/units?

Why are you looking to invest? What is your risk tolerance and cash flow requirements? When you answer those questions you will get a better idea.

Land in Brisbane can be found from $250k in certain areas so a new house and land will cost around $500k

If you budget is $400k then Ipswich and parts of Logan may be an option for you.

2 * $500k sounds good, will they be a good investment in Brisbane?

I think that's a bit of a generalisation. New does not guarantee a maintenance free property plenty of teething problems that can be problematic in new places.

Are you only looking at stand alone houses or would you look at townhouses/units?

Why are you looking to invest? What is your risk tolerance and cash flow requirements? When you answer those questions you will get a better idea.

stand alone houses with lands >500m2
invest is for making capital gain
risk tolerance, in 5 years the price won't go down.
cash flow, i will be able to pay 2 years mortgage without job and rent income.

Back