IP loan sales pitch.

W

WebBoard

I am taking the first step in purchasing my first IP. The loan salesperson is coming over on Thursday. what type of questions should i ask him apart from the obvious? and what little traps should i be aware of?

Thank you.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Read as much as you can on moneymanager.com.au website

Reply: 1.1

If you are unsure of ANYTHING, DO NOT SIGN on the night. Instead, post your questions/concerns here and get some friendly advice or speak to a suitably qualified person. Just don't sign, it will be binding. They want your business, they will return when you are ready to sign.

Jude

~ Never take no for an answer from someone not empowered to say yes ~

Reply: 2

Hi Robert

Trust your gut feel first and foremost

and simply ask for comparitive information against other similar products - any good "salesperson" should be able to provide that.

Ta

Rolf

PS And of course if you have any questions - post here!

Reply: 3

There's tonnes you can ask Robert, but the one I always like to ask is:

"Do you have investment property or your own?"

Also ask if you can get a copy of the valuation that is done on the property you purchase from the lender's valuer. They generally don't like to give it out but I'm sure you can squeeze it out of the lender you speak to. On a slightly different note, I must say I have had great experience with Wizard. The mobile lender I talked to was "BRILLIANT". The person you talk to can make an enormous difference. It is also an excellent product. Have a chat with them before you do anything.

Regards

John

Reply: 2.1

Wow... is this the first post ever from Rolf which did not contain the line (or something close to):

"Please seek the advice of an independant mortgage broker"

??

;-)

sim.gif

Sim's random kinda-meaningful cliche-quote:
~ ...A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless!... ~

Last edited:
Reply: 2.1.1

Aww come on Sim

The guy has a "sales person" coming to see him, as if i'd cut that persons deal !

Ta

Rolf :eek:)

Reply: 2.1.1.1

Sim,

Sorry, slightly different topic.

Do you know by any chance, where we can find Episode 1 of Star Wars?

We bought block of three (4,5 & 6).
Cannot find 1 one anywhere.

Not for me… For kids…

Serge.

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1

Yeah, for the kids, right!

:cool:

Terry

Reply: 3.1

John,

Could you fill me in. Who or what is "Wizard". I will be looking for finance soon with a bit of luck and am finding out who are the best people to see.

Robyn

Back