IP moving to PPOR

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster :)

My other half and I have a PPOR and have just settled on our first IP. In a few years we intend to move into our IP and have it become our PPOR, with our current PPOR becoming our IP (or we may sell it, depending on state of the market at the time).

I have a few questions!
1. We incurred lots of purchasing expenses for our IP eg. LMI, Buyers Agent, Stamp Duty etc. will these become tax deductible at any point given that this property will become our PPOR?
2. After settlement of our IP, we became aware of a letter sent by our new neighbour (dated in the period between exchange and settlement) which explains that there are some issues with the sewerage pipe that extends through the rear of our property as well as 3 of our neighbours. There is a quote to repair this pipe, which will be around $3K each - is this tax deductible in any way given that the issue existed prior to settlement?
3. Our tenants have advised that the toilet cistern takes an excessively long time to fill, the remote from the garage door doesn't work correctly and the oven doesn't work at all. As far as we knew, all of these things were fine at purchase time - will the repair of these be tax deductible?

If it helps, settlement occurred a month ago and tenants have been in place for 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
vtt
:D

Back