IP not rented out for 5 weeks ...what to do

Hi all,

I have an IP in logan area,QLD.
The tenant 'broke' the lease and left on 13/1/2014.
Tenant paid rent till 28/1/2014.

PM (Property Manager) advertised placed.
So far 2 applicants who were approved by PM simply walked out (PM told me)

PM is on leave this week. No progress.

What should i do?

Appreciate all inputs. thanks

Hi all,

I have an IP in logan area,QLD.
The tenant 'broke' the lease and left on 13/1/2014.
Tenant paid rent till 28/1/2014.

PM (Property Manager) advertised placed.
So far 2 applicants who were approved by PM simply walked out (PM told me)

PM is on leave this week. No progress.

What should i do?

Appreciate all inputs. thanks

If the tenant broke the lease they are responsible for all the rent & all your costs to find a new tenant up until their lease expire date. Are you saying the tenants lease expired on 28/1/14?

If the tenant broke the lease they are responsible for all the rent & all your costs to find a new tenant up until their lease expire date. Are you saying the tenants lease expired on 28/1/14?

The tenant was on a periodic lease.
So the tenant paid his 2 weeks notice.

Send me the ad if you like, I can tell you if there is anything wrong,

my ones werent that easy to rent out as well, due to the market which is being saturated by investors

all my Logan houses have been rented on day 1 of settlement with no gaps in between....3 of them have had new tenants within the past 2 months

my townhouse did take a while however and in the end I had to be a bit more lenient on my tenant screening. Turns out this tenant is amazing and simply new to the country (like many that make up the Logan demographic)

my PM is Pure Rentals - call Russell Peters a few posts up :)

When you do find someone to advertise your place perhaps you could pay for a premium ad, one of those with a border and who stay on top of the RE.com listing?
It worked for one of our harder to rent places, and didn't cost that much more than the regular ad.

Back