IP with wooden playhouse. Pro or Con?

Going to look at a promising looking property tomorrow, however there's a decent sized wooden playhouse (roughly 1500mm x 1500mm x 2500mmH) and I'm undecided if this is an added bonus In helping securing a family as tenants or a future curb side pick up

Unsure of council requirements on the structure, placing or if its treated etc. just yet

Just wondering If any one else has dealt with this and if it would/has much of an impact on negotiating a price?

Its right up close to the back corner fence. If its no council approved and a tenant hurts themselves on it am I liable?

Cubby houses don't need council approval. So if a tenant hurt themselves it would be the same as if they hurt themselves in any other part of your house. Best to check with your insurer if there is anything in their policy PDS that excludes them.

If the rest of the house lends itself to a family with young children renting it, I'd say it was a plus. Most parents have their children's well-being in mind when looking for a home to rent, and if presented well ("Imagine your precious children's delight when they see they have their own 'home' in the back yard!) could add $10-$20 a week if you tug on their heartstrings... Who wouldn't want the kids trashing the cubby on a sleepover rather than your lounge!

If it proves to be a problem, GumTree is a great place to get rid of it.

Back