Iphone 6

Silly article really...anything metallic and with enough pressure can be bent.

Even mentions that this is not limited to Apple but other manufacturers.

So why does this become the main tech news when its been happening to other phones too? Because its an Apple and journalist uses it to get their articles to become the most read : )

I suppose Motorola phone bending will probably get 10 readers while Apple phone bending will get over 10,000 readers!!

Is it true they cost just $400? I paid over $850 for my Galaxy 18 months ago. Works perfectly, no wish to replace it. Wish it had been cheaper though.

Either way, I don't understand why people still buy iphone and their silly hardware spec :confused:

Because they work and are easy to use

For the vast majority of users higher spec phones are just unnecessary .

My son is like you , but the only thing I see him using his android for is texting , internet browsing and using MY Foxtel on the go account .. Waiting for the end of the month ...

He's has had several breakages and on occasions has borrowed an old iphone when his Galaxy has broken :D

Bit like buying a ferrari when all you need is a reliable toyota

Cliff

Cliff

I believe EN710 was referring to iPhone in particular, saying that the New iPhones have spec that are similar to what some Android had 2 years ago.
So, why spend 800+ on a phone that is not even matching what is currently on the market for significantly lower price.

Cliff

It's true, but will you buy a Toyota at the price of Ferrari?

My pet hate with Apple is that they don't improve their spec per market and ask for top market price, and oh, every iOS update will make your older iPhone tad slower (yes, I was an iPhone user).

I'll have one up for sale soon. I'm eligible for an upgrade but can't see a huge benefit from having a slightly larger phone.

Cheers

Jamie

I'm trying to decide whether to get the 6 or 6+. I use a 4 now and my eyes are getting smaller :D.

My son tells me I am strange in that I tend to hold my iPhone sideways, especially reading websites. It is the best way to cater for my eyesight and things spread over the wider screen.

His partner has the new 6 and it can still be held in one hand, but I think because I'm a woman and therefore tend not to put a phone in my pocket, (mostly use a handbag) and really want to be able to see a bigger screen, I'm going to choose the 6+.

It is the same size as the Galaxy (or those large phones they use on The Block). I use my phone a LOT for searching the net and think I like the 6+.

Anyone here who uses one of the larger phones?

Anyone here who uses one of the larger phones?

I do, but android not iPhone :D
Samsung is launching the next Samsung note mid-October, why not wait till then and compare your choices? Who knows Apple might reduce their price to compete ;) (unlikely)

HTC one M7 here.
One of the best phones I have used. And being a mobile solutions QA in past life, I have a used a fair bit of smart and feature phones.

My son is like you , but the only thing I see him using his android for is texting , internet browsing and using MY Foxtel on the go account .. Waiting for the end of the month ...

He's has had several breakages and on occasions has borrowed an old iphone when his Galaxy has broken :D

Cliff

hmmm.. not really - smart phones are useful for banking, comms using chat apps, checking and selling stocks, ebay, photo taking, restaurant reviews while in the street, tracking auspost mail, replying email, GPS (if you need to go somewhere) and variety of other stuff. You may need to search something while you are on the go and google app is very useful.

Back