Ipswich

anyone that knows the area can you please give me a list in order to best to worst suburbs of ipswich

Ipswich
Ipswich north
Ipswich south
Brassall
Raceview the main inner suburbs you get the idea.

and any thoughts on the area for investment. cheers tj

i'm thinking of buying in the area and was wanting to know in order best to worst suburbs? to give me a better understanding of the area.

theres only like 5-10 suburbs close to the ipswich cbd

What sort of product are you going to buy

If your not buying a big block (1000+) then I wouldn't really bother

I was given a good run down of the suburbs by a property manager in Ipswich back at the beginning of the year.

From memory the better suburbs are;
Ipswich, North Ipswich, Woodend, Coalfalls, (possibly Newtown and Eastern heights?)

Not so good are;
Raceview, Leichhardt, One mile and some others

Can't remember the rest, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)

Between Ipswich and Brisbane there is a nice Corridor around Redbank Plains, Bellbird Park and Springfield.

Stay away from Goodna (Flooding and Hoodlums).

Anything East of Ipswich is O.K however stay away from North & West Ipswich Suburbs.

This is just the view of someone who grew up in Ipswich and knows the areas.

Between Ipswich and Brisbane there is a nice Corridor around Redbank Plains, Bellbird Park and Springfield.

Anything East of Ipswich is O.K however stay away from North & West Ipswich Suburbs.

Agree with this. Goodna is terrible in terms of the maintenance of the properties on the market and for some reason the trend tends to be to have several tenants in the one house (8+ in a 4 bedroom) which can be a big PM hassle.

We bought in Redbank plains and would recommend that - as well as Springfield.

Agree with this. Goodna is terrible in terms of the maintenance of the properties on the market and for some reason the trend tends to be to have several tenants in the one house (8+ in a 4 bedroom) which can be a big PM hassle.

yeah second that, few months ago I was looking at logan/woodridge/Kingston and I realize their price has already gone up by 30k-40k from where I think is profitable, so I moved to redbank plains and I've never looked back :)

I'm trying to score another bargain at redbank plains now but it's getting very difficult as people are flooding into this area and buying houses without much negotiation (looking at the sold history people are settling with just $5k-$9k off the asking price).....

yeah second that, few months ago I was looking at logan/woodridge/Kingston and I realize their price has already gone up by 30k-40k from where I think is profitable, so I moved to redbank plains and I've never looked back :)

I'm trying to score another bargain at redbank plains now but it's getting very difficult as people are flooding into this area and buying houses without much negotiation (looking at the sold history people are settling with just $5k-$9k off the asking price).....

Yes we picked up a 6 year old 4/2/2 about 2 years ago for $280k.

Rents currently at $330 w/k. Great depreciation and little maintenance. Tenants have been great no issues at all. To be honest I haven't had much of a look lately but I'd say there's still some good buying in Redbank Plains to be had.

I know exactly what you mean.

I purchased a 3 1 1 in Bellbird Park (Just East of Redbank Plains, 2mins from Springfield Station) in 2009 on a large block. Spent $10k and built in downstairs last year and is currently rented at $450 per week.

Reason I went down this path is that when I went to list for a rental I was told that there are a lot of large families (6+) looking to rent in this area.

Looking around you can still get plenty of house for sub $300k, for example, this represents an immediate 6-7% Yield http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-bellbird+park-117451067

As Urban Sprawl continues, and with so much development in Springfield, its a given that Growth in this corridor will occur. IMO

I didnt like goodna either
im still undecided about camira vs redbank plains

I didnt like goodna either
im still undecided about camira vs redbank plains

Springfield side of camira is nice.

Redbank plains North of redbank plains road is better than South of redbank plains road. Redbank plains also has a planned future rail station extending on the Springfield line.

Anything closer to Springfield will be hot property. Bellbird park which is North of camira and the Springfield side of redbank plains is sitting pretty, plus is filled with more home owner style homes on larger blocks rather than kit/project built estates on 400m2

Springfield side of camira is nice.

Redbank plains North of redbank plains road is better than South of redbank plains road. Redbank plains also has a planned future rail station extending on the Springfield line.

Anything closer to Springfield will be hot property. Bellbird park which is North of camira and the Springfield side of redbank plains is sitting pretty, plus is filled with more home owner style homes on larger blocks rather than kit/project built estates on 400m2

very good explanation thanks!
im starting to prefer redbank plains/camira etc. over the lower half (in terms of price range ) ipsiwch

Quote "You have only got three sets of traffic lights and you are straight on the highway. There is the access back to Brisbane where it is a 25- to 30-minute run thanks to the upgrade of the highway," he said. quote

Surely he can't be talking about peak hour traffic?

Good to hear market is taking off there!

I have an IP there on 1/4 acre block.. may look at offloading next year...

Whats everyones take on tivoli? in comparison to the other suburbs of ipswich

you dont need to convincen me on the ipsiwch area in general, as I believe its one of the best areas to invest in right now, and proobably not much longer

must admit, due to price rises in teh area, im finding that im going out further

just had a chat with an agent in ipsiwch,

surprisingly , every agent ive spoken to has said either the market is hot or about to get hot,

but this agent has said, things are going backwards,

prices havent risen that much in two years, and the election result etc etc he is seeing some properties sit on the market for ages and prices going backwards in some areas,

is anyone else experiencing this???

Back