IR - the ticking is getting louder as per BZ & RBA

This may annoy some of you...but the ticking of the interest rate clock is now deafening.

I found this article from Bill Zheng...he is quite a smart cookie and even he is saying that the rates will rise.

Please find a recent article from him and the RBA below....

http://info.investorsdirect.com.au/...33106&Token=23174B39F791B80EDEB921A4217BF3F16

http://www.news.com.au/business/money/story/0,28323,25992828-5016110,00.html

My bet is either Oct. - Dec. for the first rise....

I await with baited breath on some commentary.:D

Why so ! all those on SS that see the flat property market, :rolleyes:
and the ASX loose 40% in oct-nov, and now a proposed rate rise to follow, are these folks still feeling Bearish, or just plain silly that they did not see the sighn's ???:D

Why so ! all those on SS that see the flat property market, :rolleyes:
and the ASX loose 40% in oct-nov, and now a proposed rate rise to follow, are these folks still feeling Bearish, or just plain silly that they did not see the sighn's ???:D

Got a major point there Craig...;)

Tick...tick....tick....just counting down for the RBA announcement at 2:30pm.

I feel that no movement this month...based on hte balance of payments news...maybe next month!;)

But from what I am hearing......the property boom os ow so passe...it is making news on all the TV channels and the media.

What was that the Bears were saying about a 40% drop.....hmmm...from what I am seeing is that there is a frenzy for property in Sydney and Melbourne.

frenzies all round. the waiting list for Karratha property has ballooned, there is talk of office shortages in Perth again and Perth stock levels have dropped massively. Qld natural gas projects aren't far behind in scale. My mood is turning much more bullish - this boom is going to be one heck of a resources led party. Get in for a piece of this action - who knows it may be the last hurrah.

Yeah.....it's all going to be different this time. :p:p:D

yeh I know - I write it with many caveats...(a) I'll be dead anyway (b) australia is a young country so it's hard to call it differnet this time when there really hasn't been many times (c) who knows where the next boom could be, just when you think it's all over, out comes a new demand for... dunno, maybe uranium by then? fresh water and farm land will probably be more valuable in 50 years time

One bear mate....:rolleyes:

What was that the Bears were saying about a 40% drop.....hmmm...from what I am seeing is that there is a frenzy for property in Sydney and Melbourne.

Rate rises are/were inevitable and expected, i think your the only one that thinks you're a genius for fixing rates too late. Where can they go from a 3% cash rate?

And the jury is still out on a 3 year time frame prediction. You might just have made the wrong call, in fact i think it will be the most likely scenario to play out.

Done get too excited yet guys.

what was NRs famous call for the all ords? low 2s? on that basis there was an expectation that rates would be approaching nil.

as the days go by the sense of panic that the RBA is working itself into over house prices is becoming understandable. there will be a strong and sustained demand for housign with diminished supply. they want to fix the supply problem but are jsut as ineffective as every other govt dept wishing for the same thing

For a moment Evand...I thought I caught a glimpse of the Bull in you! ;)

Actually.....I feel like an idiot for fixing too late at 5.28% to 5.79%...NOT! I am not getting excited....just being practical. 10 years in the game has made me realise that this is game with a long term view.

Anyway.....some more deals call...hi ho...off I go....!;)

One bear mate....:rolleyes:

Rate rises are/were inevitable and expected, i think your the only one that thinks you're a genius for fixing rates too late. Where can they go from a 3% cash rate?

And the jury is still out on a 3 year time frame prediction. You might just have made the wrong call, in fact i think it will be the most likely scenario to play out.

Done get too excited yet guys.

Back