Is anyone buying now?!

Are you buying or looking at buying in the next few months?

• Yes

Votes: 250 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 121 23.7%
  • Only if it's a very good deal

Votes: 140 27.4%

• Total voters
Got a decent tax bill this FY. Didn't put enough $ into renovations to break even or only owe a little and have run out of things to renovate on current IP so purchased another IP that i can spend a few k on each yr renovating.

looking to buy a PPOR in sydney just not sure WHEN? any advice? a part of me says buy now, the other part says to wait, keep growing the deposit and buy when things cool. if i have the deposit should i take the plunge?

Translates to
"its bad investment but its tax deductible so who cares"

Its too competitive for my liking trying to compete with everyone else but I managed to get a good buy. I put in two other offers on two other homes that got knocked back so i walked away from them. I will only pay what i think its worth. Third time lucky. I prefer to buy when interest rates are much higher, more room to negotiate and not much competition.

Stockmarket is a good buy if it can go close to 5000.

Property is good to sell.

Funnily I'm still chasing a few deals but they're quite unique circumstances, otherwise I wouldn't really touch the Syd/Melb markets. Maybe Brisbane?

Where about in bris you would consider and what?
If you don't mind sharing berry

why would the ato care if the deductions claimed are valid?

They would care if you deduct something which you are not supposed to.
I didnt say they wouldnt care if the deductions are valid. I mean they would have to fork out more for a greater loss due to it's bad investment status .

Where about in bris you would consider and what?
If you don't mind sharing berry

I'm actually looking at the inner city/inner east areas like Bulimba, Hawthorne, Kangaroo Point etc. But also looking at CBD retail shops and development sites too. Although I'm still so-so about the latter as southerners aren't flooding to buy those any time soon, and I just can't see Brisbane getting enough traction from a marketing perspective in China, whereas every Chinese with a bit of dough is talking about Sydney and Melbourne now, everyday. I wonder if Chinese even know where Brisbane is.

Selling developments currently under construction within the next 2 months, and buying another development site different State.:)

In the coming 3 weeks I settle on

- PPOR land, then we have to build
- North Perth #2: 5 x terraces with a mixture of 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms
- North Perth #3: mixed commercial/resi block when it's rezoned next year. I'll put on 100sqm CIP and 280sqm of RIP above.

Back