Is it a good time to buy a PPOR in Brisbane?

It's a big area, Daisy Hill might be okay for a ppor

Budget is around 550k. I am really hoping to build a house since the floorplan of most properties on the market don't really make sense to me. This gives me around 300k for land and 200k for build.

I reckon this makes anything within 20km CBD out of my reach.

I read the latest API and they have a section for the Logan area. Seems like Underwood and Rochedale South are expecting some major infrastructure upgrades. Although I am hunting for a PPOR, I am still quite mindful of CG in the long term.
I agree worth looking at all these suburbs and Algester has some land and newish homes that had decent floor plans.

With the current low interest rate, I am thinking of buying a PPOR in Brisbane, Logan to be specific because it is relatively cheap. I am thinking of buying land, then build a house. Alternatively, buying a cheap land with house, then build a new house after demolishing the original house.

Is this a good time to buy a PPOR? Some people are saying fix rate can't go lower, some say the property market has topped and will drop in the near future.

While I can afford to do so at the moment, I am in no hurry to purchase a PPOR. I would rather making sure the timing is right.

What do you guys think?

PPOR yes definitely. Timing is right. ;)

That's true guys, with 500k, there are plenty of options. I will just have to look deeper.

I am quite keen on south of Brisbane, mansfield/wishart is definitely a good option. With the Mansfield state high being one of the better government high school, close to gateway, M3, and garden city shopping centre.

Where do you work? Where are you likely to work in the next 10 years?

If its the CBD or closeby, the traffic will do your head in from that far out. I would rather pay $200k more to have 2hrs of my life back each day.. Life is short, time is precious.

If its the CBD or closeby, the traffic will do your head in from that far out. I would rather pay $200k more to have 2hrs of my life back each day.. Life is short, time is precious.

The gentleman is working within a budget. Good luck to ppl with a budget as high as yours. You have heard of the bus lane, haven't you? I've heard that it's faster than travelling by car.

Logan as PPOR would be an issue for me .

Have you ever lived in an area like that ?

I worked in Mt Druitt for many years . Every so often I'd meet someone who's grown up in a " nice " area of sydney and had bought in 2770 because it was cheap .

Generally within a short period of time they were looking at moving out .

Most people in logan are very nice pleasant people , however there is a decent sized rat bag element out there who can make life challenging for people not used to it .

I'd be happy to invest out there , but I'd be wary about buying a PPOR out there when there are " nicer " areas well within your budget .

Cliff

Logan as PPOR would be an issue for me .

Have you ever lived in an area like that ?

I worked in Mt Druitt for many years . Every so often I'd meet someone who's grown up in a " nice " area of sydney and had bought in 2770 because it was cheap .

Generally within a short period of time they were looking at moving out .

Most people in logan are very nice pleasant people , however there is a decent sized rat bag element out there who can make life challenging for people not used to it .

I'd be happy to invest out there , but I'd be wary about buying a PPOR out there when there are " nicer " areas well within your budget .

Cliff

For 500-550k yes there would be no need to buy in Logan and I would look closer in, I can't comment on Mt Druitt but there is nothing wrong with much of Logan IMO. There are suburbs like Daisy Hill or Slacks Creek which are okay. Carbrook has million dollar beautiful acreage properties where I wouldn't mind living, its not all the same or down market.

Back