Is it still worth investing in ADL?

Basically I need to decide if I wanna put my last bullet in ADL still or somewhere else. This is a block of 900sqm in eastern suburb, 6km away from city. It's my Neighbour actually. The strategy would be to merge together and sub divide in later stage.

Or should I keep the last bullet in other state? For example a house in some western VIC or an apartment in inner city VIC?

You're trying to compare a couple of what sounds like vastly different strategies to me.

What do your numbers look like on the subdivision strategy? What would your plan be if you bought somewhere else?

You're trying to compare a couple of what sounds like vastly different strategies to me.

What do your numbers look like on the subdivision strategy? What would your plan be if you bought somewhere else?

The subdivision one comes with risk....because ADL councils have strict rules, especially with eastern suburbs. So, i need to place my bet on putting either 4 or 5 dwellings there. I'd probably hold it for few years before actually sub divide it?....

Basically i guess i need to bet whether investing in huge block of inner city land (1,800sqm) in ADL eastern suburb, or investing in other states (with that budget probably an apartment or a house 15km away from cbd)?...

To be honest, if you're strategy is to subdivide or develop, you need to lock down exactly what you're able to do with the block as best you can. I don't think its good plan to just have a rough idea and leave it for later. Have you looked into it further?

To be honest, it sounds like you want to know which state to have a punt in for a buy and hold strategy. And that's a really tough one to call on.

To be honest, if you're strategy is to subdivide or develop, you need to lock down exactly what you're able to do with the block as best you can. I don't think its good plan to just have a rough idea and leave it for later. Have you looked into it further?

To be honest, it sounds like you want to know which state to have a punt in for a buy and hold strategy. And that's a really tough one to call on.

Yeah, I've spoken to a town planner, and his call is that....no guaranteed outcome until you apply to council and work around it. His words are four should be okay, but five then it might be or not be viable....

You cant really compare your neighbors block with broader market. Do the numbers stack up nicely on that project? If so jump on it.

In general though, adelaide is only just beginning. Some OO areas are starting to have rapid turnovers, and theres not only one bidder at derelict foreclosures any more.

Back