Is it time for Frankston?

Looks like a dual occ with a granny flat in the back

correct cadence. good for a family and have the parents somewhere to live. or a teenager :S

I like f/sth but I like central frankston more and this price (which I still cant believe) is a true example why people are willing to pay, due to its closeness to everything. especially if you shop at bayise shopping centre too. not to mention how much money FCC and labor government are about to spend in frankston itself.

I was having a convo with my sister and talking about frankston sth she works in age care, anyway the thing she doesn't like about f sth is how far away it is from everything. hving said that people want to be in the FHSZ and to be frank I wouldn't want to be in there, I reckon the school is overrated. also I was on site yesterday and I was also having another convo with a guy and we were talking about schools/uni/tafes and reputation.

now with that word in mind unis can now put there price to anything due to having a "reputation" but if your school/tae/uni doesn't deliver on its "reputation" that send a quick msg out to people who thought it was good to take there children/ to whichever school it is

Looks like a dual occ with a granny flat in the back

As far as any development goes the only access would have been down the driveway side removing any off street parking , and removal of the granny flat part. Which too me would have made it an expensive 3X1.

And at $645K for a PPOR, with no garage or carport, no ensuite, and a tiny Laundry ..... personally not for me but those things might not matter to others but at that price I personally would have expected them.

Still a very nice period house though and on what appears to be a nice street where other people look like they are spending money on their houses. Also a very good sign for anyone with property in the area I guess, showing that there are people willing to spend that kind of money in Frankston Central now.

Maybe the stigma is slowly starting to lift ?? Who knows

I was looking at this one too on the weekend thinking the same thing:D

For sydney investors looking interstate, frankston is similarly compelling as logan in brissy imho

I like f/sth but I like central frankston more and this price (which I still cant believe) is a true example why people are willing to pay, due to its closeness to everything. especially if you shop at bayise shopping centre too. not to mention how much money FCC and labor government are about to spend in frankston itself.

s

Agree with you neeko
I think Central franga will give franga south a run for its money in long term

Agree with you neeko
I think Central franga will give franga south a run for its money in long term

i'd like to think so! its definatley where the money is getting poured into from everything i have seen. i spend quite abit of time in the area as i have said in recent posts, builders and developers are buying in the area knowing what its actually worth. also with new license upgrades on young st for business owners i see a whole lot of new growth fror the suburb.

franga sth is good but too far from everything, id rather take my child to Mt.Erin that FHS (thats if i had one) ;)

The reason I bought in Central frankston as a PPOR over frankston south was the locality, as has been said Frankston south just isn't close to anything useful.

Central is just that little bit closer to get in and out of the city, just get off the train and a 10min walk home vs in south end have to bus/drive from the station. To me that has saved my sanity after getting off the train after an hour to not have to worry about missing a bus or parking tickets, and in the morning not having to worry about parking spaces .... brilliant. It's the little things that add up.

The reason I bought in Central frankston as a PPOR over frankston south was the locality, as has been said Frankston south just isn't close to anything useful.

Central is just that little bit closer to get in and out of the city, just get off the train and a 10min walk home vs in south end have to bus/drive from the station. To me that has saved my sanity after getting off the train after an hour to not have to worry about missing a bus or parking tickets, and in the morning not having to worry about parking spaces .... brilliant. It's the little things that add up.

Absolutely. Now thats what im talking about stuff like this makes a huge difference to your day!!!!! If youve had a **** day **** being on a bus after the train is rather walk it!!

What do you do for a job???

Absolutely. Now thats what im talking about stuff like this makes a huge difference to your day!!!!! If youve had a **** day **** being on a bus after the train is rather walk it!!

What do you do for a job???

Im an Electrical Engineer, so after sitting on my butt all day in front of a computer then sitting on the train, I like the 8min walk home. However I still drive the 700m to PARC to go to the gym in the mornings because its getting to cold haha

I was looking at this one too on the weekend thinking the same thing:D

For sydney investors looking interstate, frankston is similarly compelling as logan in brissy imho

Logan isn't very compelling at all

A cheap landlocked area in a city where you can get a home in a good suburb for 4-600k

Melbourne you have to pay around at least a mill for a similiar product - probably a lot more close to the city as all land go's to developers

I'm quite surprised, I checked rents today in central frankston and a few 3 bedders are now topping $350 a week. One was even at 390! :eek: and now 3 bedders are nearly tipping 400k+. :eek::eek:

Strongy
Yes they were some of the reasons I chose frankston over Logan myself. :D Yield is not as good as Logan but hard to buy a house at that price near the beach anywhere else.

Neeko
Yes I can tell you're very familiar with the area from your posts. Do you live there? What do you think of Frankston North? When I first started looking in Melb last year Frankston North you could buy in early to mid 200. Now anything brick facade half decent is creeping closer to 300 or more, closer to some prices in Frankston. which streets are the good pockets in f nth in your view? Any bad pockets to avoid?

Everyone else's opinion also welcome of course!

Strongy
Yes they were some of the reasons I chose frankston over Logan myself. :D Yield is not as good as Logan but hard to buy a house at that price near the beach anywhere else.

Neeko
Yes I can tell you're very familiar with the area from your posts. Do you live there? What do you think of Frankston North? When I first started looking in Melb last year Frankston North you could buy in early to mid 200. Now anything brick facade half decent is creeping closer to 300 or more, closer to some prices in Frankston. which streets are the good pockets in f nth in your view? Any bad pockets to avoid?

Cadence.

Yes I do live in the area and I do love it. Originally a seaford boy but. My house is rented out ATM I do follow the market closely. I also go to the tafe there too
What do I think of frankston north? That question has been asked to many I'd say about 40 times. And the answer is it's definitely had money spent on it,

The demographic has changed a lot in frankston north and the best part to buy in frankston north is between ballarto road and excelsior drive. Buy in there and your into something good. Elsewhere I'd wouldn't really bother.
The reason why I like frankston central so much is the one word. Amenities. You have a lot of options from where you are as like frankston south you don't. If you want the **** factor of the south hey live there. But if you want pure growth and future development Central is my tick by far!

Frankston North has lagged Frankston. It's not for everybody. Perhaps for bottom fishers who see the 10 year outlook.

The reason why I like frankston central so much is the one word. Amenities.

Perhaps you should first disclose the fact that you own property there. FWIW, even granddad et al had the decency to disclose their personal interests when commenting on Frankston. Unlike you, he/they encouraged people never to pay too much in Frankston. For that, he/they were deemed spruikers.....

Strongy

Neeko

Frankston north

The problem with it is that it's more like an estate than a suburb

It's surrounded by a main road and a golf course and it has terrible access

If you do manage to find your way in there you realise the stigma is warranted

It's the kind of place where people are standing at the fence line and staring at you as you drive past

I have thought about buying there
But honestly I think the west is a better bet

Back