Is it time for Frankston?

ok excellent. i went on apm to get an online evaulation of my property, i got told 312k. i fell off my chair! even when an agent said 370k.

Those sort of evaluations are all over the place :rolleyes:

I had the same sort of results too, including $100K+ difference in my favour for an inner bayside unit. LOL I wish. :(

It's Ground Hog Day.....again

My personal experience with rents and REA in the area on a dual dwelling site that I own is exactly as grand dad has portrayed. Whilst my PM does a good job on almost all other matters, all letters I have received from them prior to leases expiring and after tenants have vacated/preparing for re-tenanting, have never recommended a rent increase!! The only exception is when I renovated........

Yes, it happened again :rolleyes:

The lease for the rear unit is expiring in June and I received another nil increase recommendation. This is currently renting at $225 after being on a 12 month lease. After sharing my views, I offered the tenant a 12 lease with a $5 pw increase on commencement and another $5pw increase after 6 months....they accepted.

I've bought some lemon trees...I've been told to p`1ss on them for a better yeild despite poor soil for that area...I've decided to let be and let the lower growth grow until it's ready to sprout or leave.

Cheers Spades.

There is still plenty of outstanding sub-$300,000 value in Frankston for persistent searchers.

A couple of dual occ sites with perfectly solid, rentable homes sold recently for below $300,000. Some useful information is here: http://house.ksou.cn/p.php?q=Frankston,+VIC

The money in Frankston will be made by those who buy right. There is no need to overpay as there are still many outstanding opportunities around if one bargains hard.

I've bought some lemon trees...I've been told to p`1ss on them for a better yeild despite poor soil for that area...I've decided to let be and let the lower growth grow until it's ready to sprout or leave.

Cheers Spades.

My hedge never grew, too much sandy soil. :rolleyes: The CG & RR are doing okay.

There is still plenty of outstanding sub-$300,000 value in Frankston for persistent searchers.

A couple of dual occ sites with perfectly solid, rentable homes sold recently for below $300,000. Some useful information is here: http://house.ksou.cn/p.php?q=Frankston,+VIC

The money in Frankston will be made by those who buy right. There is no need to overpay as there are still many outstanding opportunities around if one bargains hard.

Any word on the marina from any official source?... Driving past during summer time, it's Boat City down there.

Hi

No news at the moment for the proposed marina. I can't wait for it to happen though. My guess it is looking years several years away before a developer is found to start building it.

Regards,

alicudi

I think Frankston will be a winning long term including the north, Im just concerned about the quality of tenant in the short term. Some of these Melbourne areas like Sunshine St Albans Frankston, maybe Dandenong all have good growth potential in my IMHO

Hi Zenmaster,
I asked the guy I knew who lived in North Frankston as a kid about streets etc. He didn't know much because he left there when he was 9 and didn't really think about good/bad streets at that age.

However, he grew up in Ironbark Court which he says is in the Pines (houso). From what I've read on past theads, the Pines is pretty full-on - though on the map, his street looks well-located to me.

That's about as helpful as I can get with streets in North Frankston. Not sure if council is selling off ex-housing commission houses yet but it would be a good sign if they were.

I've thought about buying ex-houso in an area in Orange. The caveat is that you have to live in it for 7 years (or whatever's left over of the 7 years when you buy it from previous owner-occupier). The locals warned me not to. Sometimes it's still too early. Then again, sometimes it's the locals who are the harshest critics.

Living in a small town, I hear a lot from the HC locals about what goes on. Most people try to keep to themselves but there's been things like murder of ex-crim; children taken away by DOCS; hunting dogs attacking other dogs walking with their masters; parvo-virus; starving animals and ....

On the other hand, there are plenty of people who love their children and grandchildren, keep the garden nice, look after stray cats, call the police, call the rspca and pay their rent on time.

Would love to hear more about what you find and what you decide to do.

Good on you!!!

Cheers Spades.

If you believe the movies , it works :) . Check out The Worlds Fdastest Indian .

Cliff

Sold price is definitely a great way to find out what's going on in and around the market. Better than asking an agent! And they can't tell you the price. Pfft!

Back