Is it time for Laverton yet?

Sorry I need to work on my sarcasm :D

$500k for sunshine west? You're joking right? What about Ardeer?

Do your research Hodge, he's actually right.....clearly you don't know the area well with all due respect. Anything in Sunshine West, Sunshine North etc on say 700sqm which is what is pretty needed for 3 townhouses/units is pushing $500k'ish now or very very close to it.

So what's so funny?

Yep in the General Residential Zone. Ardeer not far behind. I mainly look where I can build 3 on a block

Having said that, this is wrong. Ardeer is the last to catchup and not there yet but it will get there as soon as people know where it is lol.

How do I know this, I actually live in Ardeer and I'm currently selling my Townhouse I developed.

Something decent in Ardeer on 700sqm will set you back around $400k or just slightly more so it's still to catch up to Sunshine, Sunshine West, Sunshine North & Albion but it'll always be a little bit cheaper in my opinion even though the pocket I live in is brilliant and we love it here.

Having said that, this is wrong. Ardeer is the last to catchup and not there yet but it will get there as soon as people know where it is lol.

How do I know this, I actually live in Ardeer and I'm currently selling my Townhouse I developed.

Something decent in Ardeer on 700sqm will set you back around $400k or just slightly more so it's still to catch up to Sunshine, Sunshine West, Sunshine North & Albion but it'll always be a little bit cheaper in my opinion even though the pocket I live in is brilliant and we love it here.

Not only 700sqm but for 3 dwellings it needs to be GRZ of which there isn't much in Ardeer. The new zoning only allows more than 2 dwellings in areas within walking distance of train stations and community centres

Not only 700sqm but for 3 dwellings it needs to be GRZ of which there isn't much in Ardeer. The new zoning only allows more than 2 dwellings in areas within walking distance of train stations and community centres

Fair enough, to be honest I'm not an expert on the new planning scheme as I got approval for mine in Ardeer back in 2012 under the old planning scheme so we had no issues with 3 on our 700sqm lot.

You're right i don't know the area as i stick to hobsons bay/ inner west. How do your figures stack up when doing a development based on that price?

You're right i don't know the area as i stick to hobsons bay/ inner west. How do your figures stack up when doing a development based on that price?

So if you admit you don't know the area, why do you comment as if you do like you did above? Makes you look silly with all due respect.

Have a read of my posts. I don't recall mentioning I know the area. I just said I prefer laverton to your precious sunshine west. I then ask a few questions regarding sunshine which tells you I don't know the area and would like to know more.

I've always known the area to be a hole so never bothered investing there as i believe i can make a better return elsewhere.

Have a read of my posts. I don't recall mentioning I know the area. I just said I prefer laverton to your precious sunshine west. I then ask a few questions regarding sunshine which tells you I don't know the area and would like to know more.

I've always known the area to be a hole so never bothered investing there as i believe i can make a better return elsewhere.

Better as in Laverton? lol

My western suburb is better than your western suburb!

lol fair enough, if you think so that's ok. In my opinion, Laverton doesn't come close to Sunshine, Sunshine West, Sunshine North, Albion or Ardeer (where I live) in all aspects but that's my opinion and as long as you can make money in Laverton then all the power to you but I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole.

Glad we sorted that out! You stay in sunshine and I'll stay in laverton because the town ain't big enough for both of us!

Have a look at Altona Meadows. Same postcode as Laverton but much, much nicer. We nearly bought in Alverton, albeit the nicest street and nice house.

Decided to go a better suburb and still very good location. Best choice we made.

Have a look at Altona Meadows. Same postcode as Laverton but much, much nicer. We nearly bought in Alverton, albeit the nicest street and nice house.

Decided to go a better suburb and still very good location. Best choice we made.

Altona meadows is another 100-200k on top of laverton and the blocks aren't that big. All depends on your budget I guess.

Yeah, as an investmenmt it is ok. It has a chance to climb, but the suburb and most properties are just so poor.

As a PPOR, Altona Meadows definetley.

Yeah, as an investmenmt it is ok. It has a chance to climb, but the suburb and most properties are just so poor.

As a PPOR, Altona Meadows definetley.

I agree Altona Meadows as PPOR. Laverton as investment/development potential. But who knows where Laverton will be in 5 years. Someone once told me to invest in sunshine (it was known as scumshine to most people back then) I was unable to see past that stigma. Big mistake I made.

I agree Altona Meadows as PPOR. Laverton as investment/development potential. But who knows where Laverton will be in 5 years. Someone once told me to invest in sunshine (it was known as scumshine to most people back then) I was unable to see past that stigma. Big mistake I made.

Still is called scumshine regardless of the price lol. Totally agree though re the stigma, it's still there as well and maybe always will be but as long as you back the fundamentals then you can't go wrong. Who knows, maybe we're making the exact same mistake with Laverton?

Problem with Altona Meadows is that you need to drive to the train station as it is Laverton and driving out of Altona Meadows can be a real ***** with the development of point cook, etc.

Still a decent suburb for a PPOR as long as you are in the right pocket.

Stigma is a funny thing but time heals wounds...

The east has always been better in terms of growth but the steam is moving towards the west.

I have been buying properties in the west and my portfolio is looking nice :).

But with Lavernton the biggest issue is that there are allot of land releases in near by suburbs.

Back