Is it to late to place a caveat?

There's a property that has just sold two weeks ago exactly that I have a vested interest in and was planning to place a caveat on. Is it too late or do I have just enough time if I go in first thing Monday morning?

There's a property that has just sold two weeks ago exactly that I have a vested interest in and was planning to place a caveat on. Is it too late or do I have just enough time if I go in first thing Monday morning?

if you have a caveatable interest, and settlement hasnt taken place, I believe you can lodge the caveat to protect your interest - obviously - seek legal advice pls

ta
rolf

you would want to be camped out waiting for the doors to open, and clear your schedule for that day. you can be sure they will pick something wrong with it and you will have to run around doing something or going somewhere

A caveat can be lodged up to settlement time - maybe even after settlement but before registration of transfer.

See Black v Garnock where a caveat was registered about 2 hours before settlement and this took priority over the purchasers.

Thank you so much for your advice! I've been worried sick. I'll be seeing my solicitor first thing in the morning.

Back