Is it worth doing depreciation report

Hello everyone. I have an oldish property in WA. Not sure exactly what year it was built, but it would have to be about 15-20 years old. The property is a unit in a development of seven. Some people say it's too old to bother with a depreciation report while others say it isn't. Which is it? I don't mind spending the $700 for a report, but I don't want to do that and then find that there wasn't much benefit to it.
Thank youuuu

OLD! Funny how we have differing opinions on old.

It certainly has depreciatable value in the building, and I assume your carpets etc have been replaced in that time and also have some value left. A lot of companies will guarantee you get at least the value of the report back in claimable depreciation.

Hello everyone. I have an oldish property in WA. Not sure exactly what year it was built, but it would have to be about 15-20 years old. The property is a unit in a development of seven. Some people say it's too old to bother with a depreciation report while others say it isn't. Which is it? I don't mind spending the $700 for a report, but I don't want to do that and then find that there wasn't much benefit to it.
Thank youuuu

there are deprecation companies out there that offer money back if you don't get the cost of the report back in the first 12 months

There has been a bunch of threads lately with almost the exact same title and the exact same question.

But you know what I discovered when I tried to search for them?

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: depreciation

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about this question. I jsut find it odd that a common word, that would be useful to people if it turned up in search results, won't.

This works: "depreciation schedule", or "depreciation report" but not much help to those who have little knowledge and wanting to learn about depreciation in general.

Back