Is Somersoft seeing a surge?

Has anyone else noticed a sudden surge of activity on Somersoft, especially in the 'where to buy' section? Only just this evening it seems that numbers have almost doubled. I'd be interested to hear what the stats say.

Jen

I was thinking the same thing

There are also a lot of folks asking about Melbourne (as well as Brisvegas). 3 months ago Sydney was the topic dejour.

Seem to be a lot of "Hi please tell me where to buy thanks in advance" style posts. I see SS referenced a lot in other forums of where to go to get property advice... perhaps people misunderestimate what people will do for free online?

What I would say in my neck of the woods is that back in November, the interest was already picking up. We got ready for sale of a house and have a contract (not settled yet). There were a LOT of people at the open houses (unlike a year ago when it was pretty flat).

I spoke to the agent yesterday who said the calls and emails have slowed up just in the past week or two. Perhaps people have been waiting for the Reserve Bank interest news?

Who knows. I'm just glad we sold when we did. I reckon Brisbane (locally to me anyway) is moving still, lots of things under contract quickly and plenty of people at the few auctions I've been to just recently.

Has anyone else noticed a sudden surge of activity on Somersoft, especially in the 'where to buy' section? Only just this evening it seems that numbers have almost doubled. I'd be interested to hear what the stats say.

Jen

Pretty sure if you tally Tulamalula and Perthguy's posts they make up 50% of it :)

But yes I recall a month last year when there seemed to be a lot of noobs and now again. It's interesting to see where people are looking and get some fresh blood and perspective.

It's all about Brisbane property market these days. I wonder what's next.. Adelaide?

It's quite easy to predict - what happened in the early '00's? Because the exact same thing is happening here, almost on cue. Sydney exploded, then Melbourne, then Brisbane. We're seeing this happen all over again. Makes it easy for an investor:)

Jen

Jen I started a thread on this very topic 20 months ago, called

Somersoft's Official Start of the New Property Cycle Indicator

I've been a member of this forum basically from its inception. Over the years you get to notice a lot of things that keep re-occurring.

Like at the start of a new property cycle where you see rental yields rising and investors being lured back into the market.

With this, begins all the usual positive/negative headlines to be read, watched and heard in the media. ie Classic example as posted in some SS threads - RBA, Banking CEO's etc. Remember tho, the media is used by certain groups to control the masses and if you follow what they do you will get what they have.

Another phenomenon, is most the associated forums start to bubble with the influx of new members joining asking all the same types of re-cycled questions as the previous newbie wave that joined the property cycle before it.

Well, that time has come around again. Just look around SS at all the new members recently joined & posting. This leading indicator of mine officially declares the upswing in the market and heralds the start of the latest new property cycle.

Let the wealth building games begin

Back