Is the forum boring or dying?

forum alive and kicking? you betcha baby

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Woo hoo,
Some controversy! I love it! Now all we need is the whingers with no sense of humour to join in and it'll be just like times gone past. Thanks Jeremy for getting the ball rolling!

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2

Jeremy, if you had some interesting questions i might answer them for you if i can.

I dont know why you think i am public property, and should give all answers to all personal questions? I'm not sure why once in a chat room i said "sure, ask away, Im an open book" you now think this is my everyday policy.

And I dont know why you persist in this conversation, If you feel I have never helped you in any way, terribly sorry bout that, but really, its not my job to help you or anyone else on this forum, If i contribute, its because i know the answer,I DONT know all the answers and even if i do know the answer to questions, i dont always give an answer,as I am not qualified, i would rather leave those things to the mortgage brokers or the accountants , bless them for visiting this forum, I learn a lot from them, and take a lot of information back to my own accountant and ask if "we are doing this" .
I dont HAVE to help you, if others feel I am not being helpful, then they can hold that opinion as well, but this web site is not my 'job' it is a bit of fun, and very good information with other interesting likeminded people. If anyone else thinks I am a waste of time, just say so, and believe me, I will go away, I DO have other things that can entertain and inform me. But my personal business is not up for discussion.

Your persistence in wanting an exact figure on what I own, is a silly male chesting thing, and I dont play that game, 1. Im female, dont need to get chesty, 2. Im very confident in myself, i dont need anyone else's approval of who what where or how much. My reasons for keeping my business to myself, i could never expect you to understand Jeremy, and I dont feel like explaining it to you, make of it what you will, you already have, you should now let it go and lighten up.

I have related plenty of stuff about individual buys I have made, and if you personally missed the info Jeremy, then sorry again. I have NEVER asked for the guru tag, and those that know me, know i shudder at the word guru, as to me, it indicates someone who knows everything, i dont know everything, far from it, I just happen to have a good team that knows everything.( I use all of my brains and as much of everyones elses that I can - roosevelt?)

To be honest Im not really interested in the boring facts and figures side of property investing, the related tax issues etc etc, i pay someone else to get into it, and I stumble along on my merry way, could I be in a far better posistion if I DID take an interest? undoubtedly!
but really , im just not into the nuts and bolts, i like the chase, and thats about it. Thats my style, im not asking anyone to follow my style, im not knocking anyone else's style.
I HAVE certainly brought a lot of people together over the last few years, and some of the terrific meetings of minds and information passed around is very exciting, between cashflow games and Big BBQ's and freestyler meetings, I think i have been instrumental in passing out a lot of information. My return for doing all this? my own personal growth. Money? well, if you consider the money I have made from people passing along good tips, then yes, i made money, but i also put the whole shebang together other people make money as well from information. Freestylers making me money? HA! not yet, maybe one day it will show a positive return, but then I am not going to tell you my personal business as to what I would do with the profits from a "feel good" business, but It certainly will go to help others, I dont need it. And quite frankly its none of your business, I am not public property.

Would love to see you at an event or get together one day Jeremy, did you manage to go to the Christmas dinner held in Sydney last night? Rob and I organised that.Theres always Brisbane and Melbourne dinners to go next week, the Melb and Bris. coordinators and myself organised those as well, we dont make anything out of it, we are just trying to help everyone and ourselves where we can, this is how I help people on the forum, we are the live extention of the forum, I cant do that accountant stuff.

SO Jeremy, do you have any other questions other than, "Exactly how much property do I own?", I will answer if i can. Besides, you already know I own nothing, its all in trusts, and I have an obligation NOT to go sprouting personal information to that end.

You also mentioned to me that you thought the article in API magazine was wishy washy, well, i didnt write it! I gave information that they asked for, Dave De Moor wrote the article, and with true integrity kept the personal information that i asked not to be disclosed to himself, how rare is that for a journo? I applaud Dave De Moor for this, the reason why i did this again you wont understand, others who have spoken to me in person will undertand.

Now, you have made me write this long reply, which I know you wont be happy with as it doesnt answer that silly question you keep asking, but if you cant get over it by this post, then we know its become an obsession for you, and you should attempt to let it go.

I think your a great person from what exchanges we have had in chat, and from what everyone else tells me about you, and I see by your usually good quality posting, you have a lot to offer, even more than I have to offer, as you are far more interestd in facts and figures, I am not. As I keep telling people, Im a little to comfortable to have that burning passion about property anymore, still love it, but not as screamingly full on as I used to be. I also have other business and a family to be with. Ive done my hard yards now.

Hope to see you at an event Jeremy,

Cheers, TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1

Umm, hi TW....

I do think Jeremy should be very happy with your post. Cause you did answer his question of "How many properties do you own".

The answer was "None".....

So Jeremy now your going to have to ask "How many properties does your trust own?".... hehehe

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

PS: "Be Not Afraid Of Growing Slowly, Be Afraid Of Only Standing Still."

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.2

Rob,
Hope you read what I wrote previously. If not I'll send it to you. One thing though. If your leader is afraid of voicing opinions because of legal ramifications should you not share the same concerns? Bit of a problem for an ideas sharing forum wouldn't you think? The concept is great, I hope it works well but I have bantered with TW who asked a lot of detail from me once (and I have no problem giving it) however she has since returned nothing. Freedom of information should flow both ways. Quid Pro Quo.

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.2.1

It's true that when a post gets a bit old, like more than 10 days or so, you can't see it anymore. I just thought today I'll point and click on "Next" and see if there are any new posts down there. And Whoa! I find this debate is still raging.

I like this forum because its so personal and if you're here long enough you get to know the main players pretty well so you can build up some repore with them. I feel that a lot of these people have given a lot of themselves to the forum and many people such as myself have benefited enormously. I could never have imagined that you could be so successful with just work and intelligence behind you - without inheritance or generous gifts.

I have heard many stories from people on this forum on chat and they are so inspirational. Once I asked how many ips someone owned and I was impressed and then they told me how many years they did it in, and I was blown away.

You don't know how little you know until someone who knows a lot tells you they're still learning.

Good luck and keep the flame burning!

LH.

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.2.1.1

On 12/9/01 10:19:00 AM, Land Holdings wrote:

>It's true that when a post
>gets a bit old, like more than
>10 days or so, you can't see
>it anymore.

Which is why the "Mark Read" feature comes in handy... provided you read the forum regularly enough to keep up (not always easy)... by marking messages read and then using the "New messages" view, you can quite easily see when an old thread gains a new posting.

Unfortunately you can only mark all messages as read at once, and not individual threads. So it's an all or nothing thing... you must read them all and mark them all read, and do so regularly or you will never be able to keep up :(

Which is the excuse I (unsuccessfully) try and use with my wife for taking my laptop away on holidays with us. She just doesn't understand.

sim.gif

Last edited:

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.3

Jeremy,

How can you claim that The Wife "has never answered anything interesting". Been asleep? Cannot read? I've lost count of the interesting answers she's provided, and enjoy her writing in this forum.
No, I don't know her (except via writing/forum etc). No I don't have an axe to grind - can you say the same?

How many properties she owns is her business. If that's your sole must have an answer to... - I think you have a problem. Quite possibly a male ego/competition problem re. a woman who's smart, funny... and rich. And won't play your games.

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.3.1

Umm, another question Jeremy.

What happened to that post you put up last night? I can't find it, must be a problem with the forum.

ATTN: Webmaster. There was a post up here, by Jeremy Laws just before these posts, last night that has now disappeared? Or is it there and I can read it from my PC?

Cheers
Robert

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.3.1.1

Jane,
I don't have an axe to grind, and I think if you look very closely you will find that Mrs Wife herself rarely says much specific. I do sleep, but I read a LOT. So 50% correct! I chose to ask her about hovels she owns precisely because she says so little. Seemed a good target to me at the time. Great with ideas though I agree. Jane - she does play my game as evidenced above. In terms or RE leverage a a 3 line comment was geared into what, a 100 line? How good a ROI is that! I did good:)

Rob,
In the interests of not wanting to embarrass, annoy or humiliate I removed it. I stand by my comments, but you will have to ask for the post by email if you want it. I felt it was mainly intended for certain people, and in hindsight they may not have wanted the issues discussed publicly. You may disagree and if you insist I would consider reposting - I suggest you refer to higher beings first though!

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.3.1.1.1

Hi JL

Ahh, that is what happened. I thought I was going loopy and read it somewhere else in the forum and had lost it along the ways cause I was going to reply.

It's ok, I have got no reason for wanting it back up.

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

PS: "Be Not Afraid Of Growing Slowly, Be Afraid Of Only Standing Still."

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.3.1.1.1.1

You have to press 'Next' twice now to few this topic. Now we should look at the five new forum rules:

1. If you post something embarrassing or potentially defamatory you have to leave it there for all else to see. (Not naming any names Jeremy.)

2. The more personal the reply the better.

3. Ensure your reply to personal defamations goes on for more than two or three pages and also includes a reference to an email that you've sent around that goes on for ten.

4. You must scroll down at least twice to ensure all topics are well and truly dead and then revive the one that is slipping down to another page.

And finally...

5. Stick up for what you believe in because nobody else will.

Cheers!

LH

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.3.1.1.1.1.1

Good rules LH,
Bit loose though, could you clarify it please?

Serge.

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.3.1.1.1.1.1.1

Love your rules LH!

re The Wife and Jeremy's comments

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.3.2

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0054_01C18177.A80CFF80
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I haven't heard anything but good stories about this lady. And all of =the stuff I have read in the last few months (archived), or recently =posted has been friendly, insightful and helpful. Not everyone who has a =quid wants to skyte or big note about it Jeremy.

I know a few IT people on huge salaries (real computer nerds), who know =zero about investment property, yet because of a clever bank manager =steering them right, now hold a few million in real estate assets in =Sydney. If you question them on the topic of i.p's they are what I call ='ipis'..... Investment Property Illiterates. Life is not black and =white.....he or she may have $10 million in real estate but they =probably don't understand property having made their fortune in stocks, =computers, a business, lotto etc etc...

------=_NextPart_000_0054_01C18177.A80CFF80
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

I haven't heard anything but good =stories
about this lady. Andall of the stuff I have read in the last few =months
(archived), or recently postedhas been friendly, insightful and
helpful.Noteveryone who has a quid wants to skyte or big =note about
it Jeremy.

I know a few IT people on huge salaries(real =computer
nerds), who know zero about investment property, yet because of a clever =bank
manager steering them right, now hold a few million in real estate =assets in
Sydney. If you question them on the topic of i.p's they arewhat I =call
'ipis'..... Investment Property Illiterates. Life is not black and =
white.....he or she may have $10 million in real estatebut they =probably
don't understand property having made their fortune in stocks, =computers, a
business, lotto etc etc...

------=_NextPart_000_0054_01C18177.A80CFF80--

re The Wife and Jeremy's comments

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.3.2.1

Brett Burk,
You will only hear good stories about TW, and I agree with them. My point is that she doesn't say anything really specific about anything, or the thought processes involved in the fun stuff she does. The defence is she might get sued, yet she expects everyone else to tell her (and everyone else) everything. Her Freestylers (tm) income depends on it. If she is worried about being sued, then surely she would also worry about the poor people risking all they own while working for her. Not being open about investment achievements if you run a group (unlike Jan & Ian Somers' which is free) and charge for the priviledge without saying anything about yourself (and you appear in investment magazines) is self defeating. It is a bit like a duck complaining it needs webbed feet to swim.
To quote Blackadder in repsonse to 'not wanting to blow my own trumpet' "Well George - it would at least be nice to know you had a trumpet"

No bank manager is clever in real estate investment, or they wouldn't be bank managers. I doubt that anyone who gets real wealth from the ways you suggests is wealthy! ESP following advice from bank managers and accountants! I hope you continue to make comments on this site, because what you have done is precisely what we need to keep it relevant and interesting.

Reply: 2

Hi Michael

So, now we are 36 posts down the track from your initial post about the forum being "boring", how do you feel about it now?

Especially considering some of the posts that are now part of this string in particular. Is it still boring or has it now come back to where it once was?

To everyone, keep up the good work. There is nothing wrong with good praise & good criticism. And I'm sure that everyone including both JL and The Wife would agree with that. It is what makes the world go around and makes life interesting. Could you imagine what it would be like if we were all the same.... Boriiiinnnngggg.

Cheers
Robert

Reply: 2.1

Hi Robert, never mistake quantity for quality or vicky verka.

warm regards,

Michael Croft
"The best parachute folders are those who jump themselves."

Back