Is the forum boring or dying?

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed? The interesting discussions are few and far between and getting less so by the week. The forum seems to have been reduced to a basic Q and A format; someone asks a Q and a 'definitive' answer arrives within minutes if not hours.

What has happened to the contentious and sometimes heated debates we used to have?? I enjoyed those. Have we all become so wise? Or is my contention that property is boring (profitable but boring) sinking in?

I too am guilty of sending people away to search the archive - maybe this is the problem? Perhaps you budding scribes are wasting your efforts in the chat room?

Oh well enough of this ......

Michael Croft
"The best parachute folders are those who jump themselves."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Recently, when certain topics have been raised I have wanted to tell of my negative experiences with certain service providers, but I hold back because we are not allowed to 'defame' companies - so I feel constrained to keep quiet. You might say I can just talk generally but people would be able to identify the companies involved if I discuss it. Also I haven't wanted to talk about negative aspects of what's been happening to me in the property market lately because I don't want to be seen as a 'party pooper'. The result - I don't say anything - but I am here quietly reading all the postings. Regards, Jeanette.

Reply: 1.1

We want the dirt on the property market and we want it right now. All you people who have been holding out, here is your chance to have your say.

We should have a 'Give us the dirt' section where it's alright to hide behind the screen of anonymity and tell it like it is.

Of course the reality may just be that there isn't a lot happening at the moment and even though interest rates are dropping and the market is going stagnant, lets face it, Christmas is fast approaching and people have their minds set on more mundane tasks like going on holidays and wrapping Christmas presents.

Cheers!

LH.

Reply: 1.1.1

Sorry to tell you Michael , but it IS you !! :)

You have a couple of alternatives ( there are many more ,but it is a public forum !)

1 Start share trading , this is a much more challenging way to make (loose) money. This will keep you occupied so you won't have time to think about how boring property investing is

2 Give all you money away to charity. This way you will get a warm inner glow that will keep you warm on those cold canberra nights. Having done that you can use all the knowledge you've picked up over the last twenty years to make a whole lot more money just in time to retire.

I was going to suggest windsurfing but it's to cold to do that on lake burley griffin.

BTW you could pop into the chat room. Some times they talk about property investing there , but not that often

Happy investing see change

it's better to be guide by your dreams than your fears

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Hi See Change - I thought as much, but in answer to your other suggestions:
- My wife trades shares "I like to watch" -Peter Sellers in 'Being There'
- I give several thousands a year to charities/not for profit orgs, but I like my creature comforts too much to give it all away ;^) I also have a ski lodge for those really cold winter nights thanks.
- You are right Lake Burley Griffin is too dirty and cold for me, but I also have a nice little place on a south coast beach for windsurfing ;^)
- ahh the chat room ................. "run away, run away"- Monty Python. I am a simple person and can't cope with the multiple threads happening simultaneously - "brain half the size of a planet ......." - Douglas Adams

Michael Croft
"The best parachute folders are those who jump themselves."

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Sometimes I do worry about you michael. If you like that scene from "Being there" , ( I have used that quote before , but it draws a blank look from most people face :) ) then the chat room is the ideal place for you ...

Happy chatting see change

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

excuse me, but i think i was a regular contributor to any heated debate on this forum, ( if not the reason for the heated debate), so you guys want me to stir up some dirt? Ask some sticky questions? huh? do ya huh?

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Well Wifey

watcha waiting for ...

happy chatting see change

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

I think discussions would continue further if the threads were listed in order of most recent replies, rather than date of initial post.

Using that format, posts like this one that have generated some interest, will stay near the top until interest is lost.

At present a post 2 days old, drops off the bottom of page 1 and with it the discussion.

Worthy of thought?

BF

Reply: 1.1.1.2

Hi Guys,

I seem to be seeing more and more people referring to the 'chat room'.

I'm interested to hear exactly which chat room you are all talking about and how to get involed.

cheers
ab

astrotest1.jpg

Reply: 1.1.1.2.1

spot on BF

see change

forum alive and kicking? you betcha baby

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2

AB,

you need to click on the above blue buttons, in particular the one that says "chat"

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hmmm,

Says we are boring, but won't come chat with us...

CHICKEN!

asy

There are no problems, only solutions which have not yet been discovered.

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1

Land Holdings, congratulations, the best post I've seen in years.
A seperate forum, to defame and bag anyone we like, would be sensational! :)

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1

Anyone know Eric's address?

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1

Is that Eric Snow that your talking about???

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

PS: "Be Not Afraid Of Growing Slowly, Be Afraid Of Only Standing Still."

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1

yeah put crap on people
r
smallmast.gif
Rick otton is a dickhead!

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1

I miss the good old days, we haven't had a decent fish slapping in ages.....
Keep smiling (tough when your tongue's in your cheek!)
Felicity :cool:

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1

Watch you don't bite your tongue !

sim.gif

Last edited:

Reply: 1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

TW - You _still_ have never answered anything interesting so how exactly do you expect any one to stir up any dirt. I'd be happy with a few grains of sand blowing in the wind! Question deflections and your 'open book' policies still have me as perplexed as I have ever been!

Back