Is there a viable alternative to ebay ?

Thanks " very much " for all this guys . Very helpful.
On the ph no , most car auctions or anything heavy duty seem to have their ph no included in their write up and my class' ad had a box for it so now that's at the top of the ad with the price, it must be allowed these days.
But I have just figured that because I haven't had one call , but 3 filthy offers now via the offer thingo , plus much the same with my other auctions , that buyers must feel much gamer from behind a key board instead. So perhaps just leave it at that in the future. Not to mention the fact that having your ph no' splattered over the net might not be all that smart.

Very interesting on the Gumtree stuff too , I've been running my vans in Gumtree as well while using ebay. I have a feeling the last one may have actually sold through Gumtree now so I'll try to find the original email on it and let you know.
I just did some reading on Graigslist too and that also has a great free ad thing goen, very easy , hassle free. So this one's in there too now - see what happens !
I also found some hit stats .
Graigslist got 20% , whatever the 2nd one was got a touch more but ebay got somem like 75% so she's still the king by the look of it.

Cheers

Wylie,

What you got your son to do was shill bidding, which should be punished every time.
This is manipulating the market and being deceptive.

Easy way to avoid selling something for less than you wanted is not to offer if for such a low starting price in the first place.

I don't know if anybody actually reads my waffle, or cares, but I feel better when I press the "submit" button

Now you know the answer to this don't you! It's a machine reading and compiling key words just like it does with the chat bot stuff. :D

What you got your son to do was shill bidding, which should be punished every time. This is manipulating the market and being deceptive.

Easy way to avoid selling something for less than you wanted is not to offer if for such a low starting price in the first place.

I know it is shill bidding because ebay explained it very nicely :). It happens all the time. I should have ended the listing and started it higher. I didn't know what shill bidding really was, though I had heard the term. I did my time :D. I don't try to be deceptive, but you learn as you go, don't you?

Now you know the answer to this don't you! It's a machine reading and compiling key words just like it does with the chat bot stuff. :D

I am still amazed about this revelation. I have had a stern word to ebay about this too in the questionnaire I sent yesterday. I am waiting to hear what they have to say about it :p:D

Back