is This A Deal Breaker?

Short side of story.

Contract on home(mortgagee in possession),the bank is apparently making a 15k loss based on my offer.B & P done,and it showed live termites in one of the carport posts,but nowhere else in the house.I asked the bank to do a full termite treatment($1700) and they flatly refuse,on the basis i am getting the home cheap.Thoughts on how to proceed?

Ask for 2k off banks don't like effort but dony care about mpney as much sincee not theirs

Have got 15k and 10k off before with mips just need to state clear reasons why etc...

To offer yourself some perspective, what percentage of the purchase price does the bank's 15 K loss represent?

Are you buying a screaming bargain or paying fair market value or somewhere in between?

Give it a bash by all means to get a discount off your buy price from the seller/bank, but reflecting on whether or not it's still a good buy even if you spend the $1700 is worth considering IMO.

Hey Jim

Can give you contact to a licensed fellow who will be much more cost competitive with the cost of the treatment. Send me a PM if interested.

Cheers, Paul

Unconditional today!!!!!!!!! YAY,made my Friday.Settlement 22/7/13.Have to get off my @rse and organise a few things!!

Congrats Jim, wow 10 days settlement.. Next activity must be buy a bottle of champagne then..

Judging by the location of where he lives, I reckon there'd be more than one or two nice wineries he could go straight to the Cellar Door and select his beverage to celebrate.

Congratulations Jim. :)

Back