Is this a new style of Duplex?

Attachments

• floorplan1.jpg
    floorplan1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 225
I suppose if you wanted it to look like a normal house from the front it would be good. I don't mind it. Clever really even though they are small. Good if you can't go 2 story as most tend to do.

I've not seen it before but I like it. Very good for looking like a standard house but providing dual occupancy.

In WA each of the parts would need to have their own allocated lot of land which meets the Residential Design Codes for that density so having the 1 bedroom part on a 300sqm block and the 2 bedroom part also on a 300sqm block may be underutilisation of the land.

In other states though it may work well.

Looks like a very modest single floor duplex.

If you start from scratch and codes permit, this would be a better way to go for cashflow than a house and GF.

Messy but if it is built with carefully, changing it to a single occupancy dwelling later should be doable
-remove the garage internal wall
-removie the wall separating the pavilions
-have the kitchens on the outer walls (higher plumbing costs) and remove one and the internal wall

Hmmm ok not such a good idea

I've seen a lot of NRAS properties advertised like this with two NRAS entitlements.

Would there be much of a market for the 1 bed part of it?

There have been issues with this type of house in some Council areas in QLD. In those areas it needs to be built on unit/townhouse zone land not low density.

I'd suggest its probably a way around some of the council restrictions on duplex development of small blocks. Some blocks are zoned Res B but realistically the boundary width is to small to accommodate normal plans.

One alternative is to have a narrow footprint with a basement car park, expensive undertaking though.

This plan may be an alternative to that.

Back