Is this a unique richmond apartment?

ive been keeping an eye on Sth yarra and richmond areas,

ive just noticed this one

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?AdID=2008103397&eb=75329

I thought it was the brothel that had the car run into it about 12 months ago, but it must be a different one.

Was wondering is something like this unique in that its right next to a pub, opposite the MCG, next to the train station, but on a very damn busy road? is this one of the once in a blue moon type of opportunities??

I am just curious, just that I ve never seen one of these or similar ones for sale!

Apologies if im wrong!

Yeah, it looks like the brothel to me too, but perhaps it's next door.

In answer to your question, Yes, I guess it's quite unique. The factors that you mention make it rare....but not in a good way! I certainly wouldn't be buying it. It would be a v. limited re-sale market, which would affect future vals and it would be hard to rent out.

Property Meister,
The good news is that it's in a great location with Richmond station 100m away
The bad news is that the brothel is one house away.
Pretty good price for a 2 bedder IMO however, you may want to sit in the living room at Open for Inspection and try to hear the traffic from there.
It is very unique indeed

Ehhh Punt Rd is wayyyyy tooo biig a road. Not just any ordinary big road.

Punt Road is like a multi-lane massive highway.

That house has issues (position wise, not location wise) on so many fronts:

1. next to a brothel (there is a big yellow sign saying Gentlemen's welcome next door) - could be a good thing though, although the wife would be pretty suspicious why you seem to sneak out of bed at 2am every day
2. it is directly in front of Brunton Ave (not good feng shui if you believe in that stuff, and you'd hate to have car lights flashing into your house
3. don't forget the massive train station 'pretty much' above your house
4. you gotta put up with weekly AFL fans walking to the MCG or heading down to the pub
5. the general insecurity

I agree with DeeHwa,
Also, you would not want a car run through your living room if it were to happen again on that T intersection.

However, I assume that this will be a rental property?
Not too bad as a rental IMO
As DeeHwa pointed out. Great Location, not so good of a position.

I like the look of the place.
The joys of buying on the internet or sight unseen will get this one over the line for sure.
cheers
yadreamin

It could actually be a real earner if it was possible to put a billboard in front of it like upstairs has. If done with some sort of noise reduction material, it would solve that problem as well. Rent out the car space would be easy. Probably CF+ without a live in tenant. Maybe I should call the agent. Hmm.

Back