Is this an easement?

Hi all

Looking at a property for our PPOR build. As the lot is big, we may be able to build a second single storey house in the back yard in future.

On the attached diagram there is a diagonal line across it - it is not the sewer. The real estate agent has advised that this diagonal line is something called a "contour line" - he was unable to explain this any further.

I tried googling this - but still haven't been able to confirm what this means from a development perspective.

Anyone seen this before? Would this impact future development?

thanks
Mona

Attachments

• Land 2 - jpg.jpg
    Land 2 - jpg.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 193
Given it has a circle at the end of it that usually denotes a manhole or inspection point, I would think that is a stormwater line. Sewer is down the right side of the property.

Services diagrams dont usually have contour lines on them. They denote the rise and fall of land by the use of lines to show gradient.

Easements are shown on the property title document, which in NSW are included in the contract of sale. Does the title show any easements?

Thanks all.

I have looked at the title documents - it is really bizarre - the diagram seems incorrect to me - it has the street next to the Old Windsor Road - which is like 15 minutes drive from the street.... unless street names have changed overtime? The name of the street is incorrect too!

I have emailed the agent to check re this.

Thanks
Monalisa

Edit: I think the street name changed.
Nevertheless, the map attached to title documents does not have a line through it - but poor quality. Will try get a close up from the agent.

I'm looking around regional cities at the moment, and learning all about limited and qualified title i.e., land that has not been fully converted to Torrens system. You'd think that everything would be Torrens by now, but not so. (I found a parcel of land that has fallen off the map, literally!)

If the title stipulates "qualified" or "limited" then it's possible that easements exist that are not registered.

While looking at the title, also check that the owner's name is the same as the vendor in the contract of sale.

Back