Is this too close to Motorway for IP?

Hi All,

I am looking at this home and please see attached map for home. Is it too close the motorway or is it ok?

Its not right behind it, but kinda close?

will it impact sales/rental in big way?

Regards,

Somerhut

Last edited:
Haha, I've got to laugh. You tried to hide the exact location, but it's in the picture no less than three times (and that's disregarding locating it by using the map).:D

Personally, I think it's fine for an IP. Not quiet at night, but it should be quiet enough in the house during the day that it doesn't bother people too much.

Somerhut, why dont you fly up & drive past it at different times of the day & night and see first hand for yourself what the noise and social environment of the neighbour is like? That's all part of conducting appropriate DD anyway.

I once lived that close to Victoria Rd in Gladesville, Sydney in a weatherboard (sharehouse). We couldn't hear the road (very busy) because we were down a hill. I wouldn't buy an IP in a noisy position but it could be on a completely different altitude to the motorway - makes a big difference.
Check out an aerial map.
Also, it could be behind one of those big walls?
Would go there and have a listen.

It really depends on what noise buffers are around eg sound barriers, trees, high houses, slope of land etc. Also comes down the whether it is a braking zone where trucks use their air brakes or are accelerating.

thanks all for the feedback get it that there are still many variables.

to be honest did spend a whole day in suburb and with two little ones cannot fly interstate that regularly. but will when required again for sure..

somerhut

Hi Beanie girl - are we able to determine this based on the council website? or you have been through the contract?
thanks

Hi Monalisa, not through Council website but my knowledge where to obtain picture/pdf of the proposed busway route. :D
The proposed busway extension infrastructure project has been public knowledge for many years since 2006-2007 but
the exact route was not confirmed till beginning this year.
The busway will run exactly parallel to the Motorway but the construction/completion of the extension could still be some years away depending on the State allocation budget for these types of infrastructure spending. First stage has been completed though.

Back