Is your identity protected ?

Yesterday in ABC newsradio there was a news regarding the identity theft and it costing $1 billion to the economy.

On the eve of National Identity Fraud Awareness Week October 13 – 17th, Crime Stoppers urges all Australians to shred all their statements and personal
information before placing this sensitive material in a recycling bin.

Do you shred your bank /CC statments and other personal information, mostly IP related docs or you keep them in a safe place for some accounting / tax reason.

Those most at risk are professional women in their 20s and 30s.

Attached is the full pdf

KK

Attachments

• ID_fraud_our_fastest_growing_crime.pdf
    31.4 KB · Views: 167
The other week, I bought a $30 paper shredder from Kmart for just that purpose.

Every week I get heaps of mail containing my name with other sensitive details such as bank acccounts, prop addresses, credit cards etc.

I use to just chuck it out in the recycling bin but not anymore....

I had a $39 Fellowes that lasted me almost 3 years, doing an average of maybe 10 sheets a day :)

I finally killed it though, so next time I'm going to treat myself to confetti cut, and maybe something that can better handle staples.

treat myself to confetti cut

Amen to that - the thin strips just don't cut it.

One can build an enormous amount of data up if you went through someone's garbage. "Sneakers" the movie showed exactly how it was done.

Apparently it is the # 1 source of info for private investigaters.

Get a good shredder people.

One can build an enormous amount of data up if you went through someone's garbage. "Sneakers" the movie showed exactly how it was done.

I thought that was The Joker in an old Batman movie... said something like "It's amazing what you can do with a little tape and a lot of patience".

Yesterday in ABC newsradio there was a news regarding the identity theft and it costing $1 billion to the economy.

On the eve of National Identity Fraud Awareness Week October 13 – 17th, Crime Stoppers urges all Australians to shred all their statements and personal
information before placing this sensitive material in a recycling bin.

Do you shred your bank /CC statments and other personal information, mostly IP related docs or you keep them in a safe place for some accounting / tax reason.

Those most at risk are professional women in their 20s and 30s.

Attached is the full pdf

KK
Anything that is not important goes into the fire-place and is taken care of very quickly,the important paperwork goes into the 2 nd hand ex "Bank" safe that i bought at the auctions for 100 bucks,some of the property title-deeds are still held in a box at the bank ready and waiting ,all in all it's rock solid the only way i would have problems would be the front mail box,and that covered by a post office box,I have never had a problem
touch wood..willair..

"Those most at risk are professional women in their 20s and 30s"

I guessed women are more cautious than men, specially in Finance & Driving.

KK

Back