Votes: 62 62.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • I'm single

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Acey-

I wouldn't say she expects me to provide her with a luxurious lifestyle. I think it's more a case of her knowing that's what I want, and thus she'll support me through it. And as I said, she loves the househunting and is good at thinking outside the square, it's just the numbers she doesn't like.

Same as I have little interest in biochemistry, but I do have interest in her studies and how she progresses.

From what I can tell, we seem to compliment each other nicely, and our relationship is working very well for us :)

Cheers
J.

My wife likes the idea of looking at things once I have found them but isn't all that interested in the financial side. As long as it doesn't impact our ability to live and debt doesn't get out of control she's happy. She is the check and balance on my enthusiasm.

My wife's my partner.

We renovate together, inspect together etc.

Basically, if I'm knee deep in it, she's there with me helping me shovel ! :D

I run the show, she knows the gist of our strategy to become financially independent. She doesnt care how it all happens.

But...

My wife is a strategic weapon, let loose on unsuspecting sellers, PMs, Real estate agents and bank clerks. Its hilarious watching her in action.

All us men?

Interesting to note most of the posts say the WIFE is not this and that. No comments from women in reverse. perhsp there to busy getting on with the job than bothering to grumble? LOL

I'm a no.

I love my wife and find it amazing that she only inspects after i want to buy and then only straight in and out and says OK to spending $350K

yet...

she will not let me use the $600 washing machine!?!?!?!

As she earns as much as me I don't complain. We each have our roles it seems. :rolleyes: Peter 147

Hi there.

My partner is very happy for me to do the "investing stuff". I still tell him all about how things are going, (and pretend not to notice the eyes glazing over.) He knows that I do alot of research and planning.
He reckons as long as he has money for his fishing stuff, he's happy!

I have been trying to get my girlfriend to buy a property by herself or at least with me (although I haven't really pushed on this) and have posted here http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14642 relating to it.

Unfortunetly she needs a certain amount of persuasion or convincing before she will act on something, it becomes very draining sometimes. When she finally thinks "i will do it" she does it and gets what she wants straight away, this happens with jobs, payrises loans etc.

Anyway like a few people mention in my post - a ring on a finger may change the situation somewhat, a particularly with joint investing in IP's.

cheers

keg75

Well...pupeteer I am looking for a male with those qualities too. So if anyone wants to send me their bio or cv I will be conducting interviews for the role.

:)

We singles should organise a dinner or drinks!

wish-ga said:
Well...pupeteer I am looking for a male with those qualities too. So if anyone wants to send me their bio or cv I will be conducting interviews for the role.

:)

We singles should organise a dinner or drinks!

Hehe,

Pretty good idea, though I'm afraid it's now a little late for me. Looks like I've found myself a belle, for the moment, at least. I'll have to put a raincheck on that cv :).

The new lady in my life knows numbers and how to run books, though is still quite young and hasn't yet realized how gearing and investment work. A blank page when it comes to investing, so to speak, but keen to learn when the time comes.

Not that it ended up being very relevant, with so many other qualities that I find attractive, the "head for numbers" is more of a bonus than anything.

It all seems so easy in theory... :)

Anyway, back to being smitten...

Truth in Advertising

Well, that was false advertising...I thought you were shopping....

Back to casting my net then.... Sydney people going to the next gathering wear a flower on your lapel if you are single... :D

I'm to shy to do that, wish I was brave in real life. :p

Well, I was shopping at that stage :)

It's amazing how things can change in such a short space of time, especially after spending the last 6 years being single. Who would have thought?

Best of luck with the flower spotting :D

Wish-ga calls out in best shop assistant voice "Neeeeeexxxxt!"

No use crying over spilt milk, onwards and upwards... :p

I am a sucker for an accent... any expats in Sydney?

I recently ended a long term relationship - well long term when you take into account my age)

The girl was perfect in the sense she had the same goals as me but as the years went by it became clear to me that was not enough - obviously it wasnt the reason we were together - but its what kept me in the relationship towards then end.

I think I justified this because I could see the end goal - what we had envisaged as spending an early retirement together. What I know now was I was in love with that goal rather than the girl.

The only problem is now Im also finding the opposite, some great relationships that wont progress due to the fact that the other partner is just at a totally different stage of life to me.

Luckily Im young and having short term relationships doesnt leave me feeling guilty about wasting time =)

Edit : This is the Ricki Lake forum isnt it? Damn Im lost, whats all this Somersoft stuff, gee, luckily my post was about investment and if partners are involved.

wish-ga said:
Back to casting my net then.... Sydney people going to the next gathering wear a flower on your lapel if you are single... :D

I'm to shy to do that, wish I was brave in real life. :p

hey wish-ga
your story sounds like mine.....if it was that easy to find a man that was single and thought the same way life would be a lot richer (not speaking $$ here).... apparently I'm still deciding what I want - a life partner or a business partner. I don't see why I can't have both - but the men I meet seem very threatened by the way I think because they still think it's their role to provide for the woman....ho hum

so all those single people going to the navra seminar in brissy in a fortnight wear a flower on your lapel - or at the very least come to the dinner we're having afterwards and you'll get to have interesting conversation with interesting people :D

see this thread
Bris Navra Seminar

Ecogirl :)

Well Ecogirl I wish you were in Sydney we could organise a group get-together.....If you are going from Darwin to Bris maybe you are working your way down the coast... :p *joking*

Just to be another female voice... My partner is heavily involved with all the renovating we do and is interested at looking at properties too.

In fact we pretty much do everything together which is great, we are pretty complimentary of each other - different skills etc :D - only trouble is I can't get him interested in the money (not the profit, but the day to day stuff). Still you can't have it all I guess but it would help heaps if we could cut down a little on our spending.

My ex partner left our financial future completely up to me, she couldn’t have cared less. I renovated my PPOR all by myself with absolutely no help from her. I thought maybe gardening might be more to her liking so I assigned her the garden for a bit of a makeover. Big mistake. We constantly fought over how the money was to be spent. She wanted to party, I wanted to provide for our kids whilst setting up for our independent retirement.

Although, her financial acumen increased miraculously when I filed for divorce!! :(

You guys are so lucky to have a partner who helps even by listening to your plans.

Ecogirl said:
hey wish-ga
[snip] but the men I meet seem very threatened by the way I think because they still think it's their role to provide for the woman....ho hum [snip]

Ecogirl :)
Ecogirl,
There are plenty out there who will be targetting you to support them! Never ceases to amaze me how many successful women end up with a leech.
Lplate

Lplate said:
Ecogirl,
There are plenty out there who will be targetting you to support them! Never ceases to amaze me how many successful women end up with a leech.
Lplate

Lplate
I have that concern too - not at what I have at the mo - cause I'm building my portfolio but I will be concerned down the track... That's why I'm looking at asset protection and the various ways of doing that....

I try not to be cynical, I'm just a realist...but I would love to be proved wrong of course :)

Ecogirl

Ecogirl said:
Lplate
I have that concern too - not at what I have at the mo - cause I'm building my portfolio but I will be concerned down the track... That's why I'm looking at asset protection and the various ways of doing that....

I try not to be cynical, I'm just a realist...but I would love to be proved wrong of course :)

Ecogirl
Ecogirl
Did I warn too about taking on renovation projects? I have sisters who figured they could renovate blokes. Didn't work though. :eek: Unlike houses, what you see when you start is about as good as it gets. :D

But you'd probably know that coming from Darwin. Gee there'd be a few lost cases up there!
Lplate

Back