Issue with property purchase.

Now this is getting a bit strange.

The guy that sold me the property keeps telling me people have offered him more money for the property but he has told them "its too late".

This is the 2nd phone call he has mentioned that, and numerous times telling me how lucky i am when i signed the contract.

This is a little be suspect to say the least (Thinking that i may have over paid or something is wrong with the property).

Now there is a issue. There is a garage that is not on the plans, i didnt notice that till today. My lawyer said it should be fine that i can pay $360 for title cover insurance or something.

Now I have paid $1250 initially, can i reneg on the deal and get my money back if the garage wasnt on the plans? Like it wasnt council approved?

Cheers.

Now I have paid $1250 initially, can i reneg on the deal and get my money back if the garage wasnt on the plans? Like it wasnt council approved?
We dont have the contract terms and condition but your solicitor will know.

What does your solicitor say ?

Agents' comments like that are unnecessary and unprofessional.

Have you had a building and pest inspection done on the property? This could be your saving grace if there are things awry with the property.

The Contract should stipulate all parts of dwellings on the block and if the garage was omitted, then the agent is in breach of Contract.

Agents' comments like that are unnecessary and unprofessional.

Have you had a building and pest inspection done on the property? This could be your saving grace if there are things awry with the property.

The Contract should stipulate all parts of dwellings on the block and if the garage was omitted, then the agent is in breach of Contract.

Garage is on the contract but im not too sure if its approved or not as its not on the plans.

The agent just called me to confirm when im going in with the rest of the month.

He just made another comment that he had a offer for $10k more than my accepted offer and if i was still buying the house.

I will get results back hopefully by tomorrow for the building and pest inspection.

It IS possible that others may have put offers in after yours has been accepted and it IS possible others could have been more.

One way to test both situations, if you genuinely want out:

Call the agent back, and tell him that if he has higher offers, you'd be happy to get a no-recourse mutual cancellation of the contract, and see if he'd take it.

If he won't, then start looking at other options to back out.

It's almost win-win. You either catch him out, or you get out of the contract no loss, no hard feelings.

The guy that sold me the property keeps telling me people have offered him more money for the property but he has told them "its too late".

This is the 2nd phone call he has mentioned that, and numerous times telling me how lucky i am when i signed the contract.

This is a little be suspect to say the least (Thinking that i may have over paid or something is wrong with the property).

Now there is a issue. There is a garage that is not on the plans, i didnt notice that till today. My lawyer said it should be fine that i can pay $360 for title cover insurance or something.

Cheers.
He sounds like a "Blow In" to me with no moral,ethical,or any obligation to perform and as the real estate industry operates on a success fee basis-meaning"NO SUCCESS NO SELLING FEE",just play it backwards and say well if the next punter in line wants to pay more for the same property let them have it,then see what happens..willair..

Cheers.

He's probably talking about Stewart Title :confused:

Clicky Link

We organised this for our Sydney Purchase

Love it.

I actually canceled the contract with 5 mins to spare :) (cooling period).

I did it because of the building report.

3 days on the RE agent told my lawyer to contact me to offer me the house for 5k less. I wonder where all the people that offered more are :D

This is the sh*t thing that estate agent plays game with us. We must be cool and patient when negotiating to them.

You did right things.

Back