Issues with leaving agent

Hi Everyone!

So I had an agent which I am very unhappy with (lets just say he put my property on auction and it was the only property in my suburb ever to pass in, but worst, I didn't even have registered bidders! in a crazy hot market). After taking down my ad (preparing to move to a different agent), I contacted him again and he convinced me to keep him on board and he will relist my property "from scratch" at his own expense (so it would be on top - but a normal ad, it's already going 'down' the list). In the weekend he pushed me hard to sell to someone at a price I wasn't comfortable with, who was in return making 'today or nothing' statements. It even got to a point where he yelled at me. I decided at the end not to sell and planning to move to a different agent.
My question is this: In the contract I paid a certain amount for advertising (which I will probably pay). He might be saying now 'but I paid a week ago and now you take it off etc'.

1. Can he demand monies for advertising done that he said he will take on his own expense? in any case I did not sign anything.
2. What is the REAL cost of advertising for a week on Realestate.com.au, domain.com.au etc? I am pretty sure its not as expensive as he puts it out to be.
3. What would you do if you were me regarding the property? I want to sell but it might be good to take it off the market for a few weeks and then put it again for auction with a better agent?

Thanks guys

The exclusive period ends in a week

And the new agent said as far as he is concerned if someone the older agent introduced is buying the property the old agent will get the commission, no problems at all.

And the new agent said as far as he is concerned if someone the older agent introduced is buying the property the old agent will get the commission, no problems at all.

That is correct. The introducing agent gets the commission.

Just start again and when you have a buyer ask if they were introduced by anyone else. The new agent will get them to sign something to that effect.

In NSW, regardless of the contract as has been proved in court. The agent must be the reason for the sale of the property.

If the purchaser went through and inspected the property with the first agent and then actually purchased when another agent was assigned, even though the first agent introduced them to the property they were not the reason for the sale therefore no commission.

Back