It is possible get a loan for New Australian Permanent Resident?

Hi all,

I am new in Australia I have 3 month working and I want to buy an investment property, but when I went to the bank and asked for loan, they told me that I need to work for 2 years to get a loan. Somebody in the forum can give me some advice regarding to what broker or bank can I use to get a loan for an Investment property?
If I buy an investment property rather than property to live, can I still using the first home buyer benefic when I will go to buy a house for live?

Thanking in advance

Hiya Cach

Not quite true on the 2 years I reckon, but some lenders have become quite tough !

Much will depend on the job you are doing, who the employer is and how much deposit u have.

Yes, the FHOH is available after an IP purchase, but in general the full stamp duty exemption is not

ta
rolf

Where you working overseas? You may just need to paint a better picture.

If you are a student you may need to purchase with your parents.

If you like I can do some research on who would be more sympathetic.

Regards

Brett Coombs
Chase Loans

[email protected]

If your are a PR visa holder, you can buy a property with FHOG and no need to wait for 2 years. You should have a permanent job and some 10% or more saving. I migrated in Sept 2007 and got loan approval for PPOR in Dec 07 and settlement in Feb 08.
Mortgage broker can help.
Thanks

Hi all,

I am permanent resident and I started to work 3 month ago. It is a permanent full time job in Sydney.

Thank for your help

Buying an IP first wont disqualify you from being elligble for the FHOG (assuming it is around) when you come to buy a PPOR but may disqualify you from any Stamp Duty concession.

With 3 months full employment cant see an issue in qualifying for a loan all depending on what lvr you are seeking and other credit factors.

Back