It's All Orange Outside

I just woke up and everything is a red/orange colour. I'm up north of Newcastle and it's really weird looking out my window. Taking a few photos... :)

edit:
DSC3957-300x199.jpg

ok I uploaded some more pics here

Last edited:
I got up at 5.30am for work and it was like that then. Sitting in my office now, it is strange outside and my car is all brown.

deep orange outside here in newcastle - totally filthy. kinda hoping school is off so i don't have to go outside! can taste the dust in the air, even inside.

it was like that in Canberra yesterday. Dust storms coming from somewhere - no idea where though.

Just bring in your washing and don't expect to keep your car clean....

Just went outside and looked at my car. Covered in dust. In Sydney's inner west! If i wanted that i'd move to Dubbo...or where ever they have lots of red dust. :D

Lucky I purchased some dust masks for renovating the other day. Currently laying on my bed watching TV and using laptop wearing a mask. My dog is giving me a strange look :p

DSC3994-300x199.jpg

yeah it was orange then red, then orange and now, just a orangy brown dust look. was pretty cool, I get up at 7 normally but was up from 5:30.

Wish I knew it was coming i would have gone and got sunrise shots.

Coming to work was wierd - eyes were all off in colour, so green traffic lights were blue, the yellow headlights were blue...my office lights were blue...starting to adjust now I am inside though. haha

Probably because you still have your Batman suit on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsoon
Currently laying on my bed watching TV and using laptop wearing a mask. My dog is giving me a strange look

LOL :D Paints a very vivd picture, very funny

i really wish i didnt leave two windows slightly adjar last night.

I now have a house full of red dust. Effing yay.

it was like that in Canberra yesterday. Dust storms coming from somewhere - no idea where though.
It came from here. We had the dust - nowhere near as bad though - the other day and it was headed east. I think it picked up the entire of Broken Hill on its way through.

We also had a TORNADO here, which explains why the power went out for 6 hours.

It is 11am here in suburban Brisbane and pretty windy. We have a city view and it looks like the dust is hitting Brisbane too. It is not orange, but a funny colour. It looks like fog. The buildings are slowly disappearing.

Last time we had this happen, the dust was blowing in from South Australia.

I wonder if this is the same dust that Sydney is getting?

Back