It's been over 4.5 years since joining!

:);)Just typing recently I was curious when I joined and I realised in October 2011!
I cannot believe that over 4 years have past!
I wonder for some of you that joined early on, and are still active, what makes you continually engage in this forum?
Also, I think since investing in year 2000, I may have been through 2 cycles (well yes it may be in NSW, other state may be 1), have any of you been through more?
Even though I may enter from time to time, occasionally, I do enjoy getting to know some personalities here though, so keep up the good work, of sharing, thus growing and giving back!:)

:);)Just typing recently I was curious when I joined and I realised in October 2011!
I cannot believe that over 4 years have past!
B]!:)

You are right. It's only three and a half years. pleased you've enjoyed the journey

I just came on couple of days ago. I have a couple of investment properties myself. And using my investment properties equity to start my own business as we speak. The amount of different opinions is remarkable. Amount of knowledge people have. Different way of thinking. I can see why people continue to be involved in these forums.
I'm looking to learn a lot from everyone and to grow as a person and debate with ideas.

Thanks

What I like about this forum is that there are a range of views, but room for most. The real fringe dwellers don't seem to last too long, but anyone with something sensible to add gets a go.

I've learnt a lot from this place.

You are right. It's only three and a half years. pleased you've enjoyed the journey

You are so right, well it was late last night when I was typing (although no excuse), so it will be 4 years in October 2015! It just goes to show that if I cannot add properly yet build a substantial portfolio then anyone else can do it too, right? :)

I wonder for some of you that joined early on, and are still active, what makes you continually engage in this forum?

It feeds my addiction. Some people do alcohol, some do drugs, I do property. :D

Although I've been around for a long time, I have periods where I'm a lot more active than others. It has to do with what's going on in my life in general and how busy I am. Since I work for myself, I can jump on here whenever I need to/want to.

I've gone months, at some stage without posting, and at other stages, I'm posting multiple times a day.

Rixter,

You are one of the early ones, so what have you taken out from this site, care to share?

Yeah I have been around since the first SS web board back in 1999...a couple boards before this one.

What I've taken is..... make sure you put back more than you've taken out.

Yeah I have been around since the first SS web board back in 1999...a couple boards before this one.

What I've taken is..... make sure you put back more than you've taken out.

Yes, I was told by a mentor that to be truly happy we must continue to GIVE and GROW, so I agree!

I keep coming back to this forum as there are zero people in my circle of friends/family who I could discuss anything IP related. It also feeds the addiction to learn more and see different views. It's motivating to read others successes also.

I keep coming back to this forum as there are zero people in my circle of friends/family who I could discuss anything IP related. It also feeds the addiction to learn more and see different views. It's motivating to read others successes also.

+1 on this.

Back