It's official. I bought a house today!

Just thought I would share that after almost 3 torturous weeks waiting for the damn bank to get their act together, I finally have loan approval!

I find it strange though that I thought I would be super excited but I am kinda like "yeah ok" but its almost like someone is just saying "its raining outside". I find this strange. I am sure it will kick in after xmas when we start packing.

Congratulations!

After the stress of three weeks waiting for a bank, no wonder you aren't super excited.

Happy moving :).

You've got to be in it to win it, Mins. Always lots to fear going in, naturally. And now, coming out, a possibly more fearful silence.

It's just another step in facing down fear that you'll no doubt overcome, and end up being stronger for it.

It's not a mountain: It's just a series of little hills. But one day you'll look back and see it was mountain you overcame. Doubt.

Actually it's good if you don't feel overwhelmed by it. Treating it as a normal day-to-day purchase is a good attitude to have because you can be more objective about it.

I think that's normal. When I bought #3 just recently I was a bit "meh" about it. I kept forgetting the settlement day when talking to the GF and scheduled things like going to the gym on the night instead of going in to check on the property! :eek:

Just thought I would share that after almost 3 torturous weeks waiting for the damn bank to get their act together, I finally have loan approval!

I find it strange though that I thought I would be super excited but I am kinda like "yeah ok" but its almost like someone is just saying "its raining outside". I find this strange. I am sure it will kick in after xmas when we start packing.
Well done! The first step in a long and successful journey :)

Back