I've changed my blog a bit...

Well, I am sure some of you have visited my blog at one time or another and if you have not, click on the links below. I have changed colours, added new bits, taken some away and have added more and more content. Have a look, tell me what you think. Critique me to hell!!! :D

Actually, if you can think of anything else that I could blog about, perhaps more financial stuff, or maybe more on KFC...let me know. I'm here to entertain. :D

http://propertyinvestinginaustralia.blogspot.com/

hi Andrew,

Good for you. I had a quick read, but am on my way out..or at least should be.

First glance - you have Michael Yadney!

Congratulatations on property no.6. As you mention, the holding part of the strategy continues to get a little tougher especially from this point onwards.

Once you head over 5 properties, your serviceability is weaker and if NG, so is your cashflow.

What is your investment strategy, NG or Positive? Or both?

Have you fixed your rates or are you variable?

Regards JO

Had to Google MILF to see what that was

from your site

Margaret Lomas (she's a hot MILF who is a property guru)

If you could change that text at the top so it stands out as a seperate piece it would look better IMHO, rest looks good a stands out

Get yourself a good domain instead of using blogspot.
Wordpress is free and many hosts have it inbuilt into their cpanel.

Agree with PB,

If you have a good domain and your own wordpress blog it gets a lot easier to do some search engine optimisation so that you can get found in search engines and people can find your site a lot easier.

Hosting can be had for a couple of bucks a month and a domain is cheap as chips these days.

If you need any help drop me a PM and I can take you through it.. its not as hard as you may think!

Apart from that, site looks great, some good info there.

Mmmm, good domains are surprisingly easy to come by these days.

I have my photographic dictionary at a subdomain of my other site and after someone else on SS made similar comments I went looking at what domains were available.

I was gobsmacked to find photographicdictionary.com was free :eek:

(still haven't set up a proper permanent redirect so when people go to the existing site they get that domain, but I'll get there)

web hosting

Hi,
I'd love to hear about cost effective web hosting. I'm about to put up a blog or two and would like to buy web hosting, does anyone have any suggestions for a reliable webhost. I looked at using an Indian webhost, only $50 a year but there are things that they dont provide.

Thanks in advance

The concept is good, I like the idea. A couple of constructive criticisms and ideas, if you're open to them;

First of all, check out Yaro Starak's blog. It's a blog about blogging, and it's absolute gold.

To be honest, my first thought on clicking through to your page was that it's very... well, cluttered. I judge most things by aesthetics first, content second. So personally, I'd be inclined to clean it up a little. Maybe space it out a bit, change one or two colours, replace the header (as you already suggested) and maybe even make the ads a little more subtle. If the page is easy to read, and the headings grab attention, I'd be more likely to hang around.

Also, as with the other posts here; I love wordpress. So easy to use. Get a domain and get that happening, when you get a chance.

I've started blogging myself recently, so I know it takes a bit of time to get it all moving and have people regularly commenting on things; let alone subscribing. But you could be onto a good thing there, so keep at it. Good luck mate :)

Hi Andrew,

I'd probably not name Margarent Lomas as a MILF. It's somewhat... disrespectful.

Also, if you have to use Blogspot, choose a theme that makes people NOT want to tear their eyes out. Just my opinion. :)

Hi,
I'd love to hear about cost effective web hosting. I'm about to put up a blog or two and would like to buy web hosting, does anyone have any suggestions for a reliable webhost. I looked at using an Indian webhost, only $50 a year but there are things that they dont provide.

Thanks in advance

Hi Savanna,

Look at Servage. $8.35/month gets you 750 gig of space and 7.5 terabytes of downloads per month.

Hi Andrew,

I'd probably not name Margarent Lomas as a MILF. It's somewhat... disrespectful.

Also, if you have to use Blogspot, choose a theme that makes people NOT want to tear their eyes out. Just my opinion. :)

I have to agree somewhat. There is a time and a place for that acronym and it is usually at a pub or my nephew's 21st.;)

Regards Jo

Damb it, I thought I was so witty and creative writing something like that...looks like I should get rid of it now. :(

Got your attention though didn't it??? :D

In all honesty, she is a MILF!!!! :p

Look at Servage. $8.35/month gets you 750 gig of space and 7.5 terabytes of downloads per month.
Oh, we were with them a few years ago. Unless something has changed, they sucked so incredibly badly we were amazingly unhappy with them and changed hosts. Very happy with the new one, which costs way more and has way less transfer/storage but actually WORKS.

Hosting a blog should be a matter of pointing a domain at a wordpress blog, right? Does wordpress charge for this or is this seriously $10 a year for the domain and that's it?

Oh, we were with them a few years ago. Unless something has changed, they sucked so incredibly badly we were amazingly unhappy with them and changed hosts. Very happy with the new one, which costs way more and has way less transfer/storage but actually WORKS.

Hosting a blog should be a matter of pointing a domain at a wordpress blog, right? Does wordpress charge for this or is this seriously $10 a year for the domain and that's it?

Really? I had zero problems in just over 2 years with them. I guess YMMV.

Back