I've hit the big 3 0!!

Ouch!! I already miss the twenties!!

Was anyone else really anxious when they turned into the 30's? I know it's only another year but WOW this year feels different.

40 was my 30. For whatever reason, 30 didn't bother me at all, but when I turned 40 it all seemed very real suddenly...

Cheers,
Michael

I think it depends on what you've achieved at that stage in your life. If you're successful at 30 then it doesn't matter. However, if you're pretty poor and depressed, then turning older just adds to that misery.

The 30's were the best time of my life (actually the early 40's are turning out pretty good).

The reason is that you've matured past worrying about what other people think and just get on and do "it". Whatever "it" is.

40's is turning out even better as we're now moving into the "what do we want for ourselves" stage and I'm finding I just don't stress about anything anymore ... especially now that we've only got one easy going kid still at home ... and I'm less competitive. I've moved into the "things will be how they are meant to be" mindset.

Probably helps that my genetics are damn fine so I'm not even halfway there yet! I think 50 might hit me a little harder ... but perhaps not if we're enjoying life. Helps that the health is pretty great - and so is the figure/face - as well as the relationships.

I'm turning the big 3 0 next year. I'm celebrating by taking three weeks off and traveling to wherever the damn hell I like :)

I've been given the green light to choose the destination.

Cheers

Jamie

The reason I wish I was still in my 20s is that at that time I barely had a care in the world. I was also broke whilst I was studying.

I recently turned 40 and I'm doing well financially, but with a lot of responsiblity to my family, business, clients & staff.

20 years ago just steemed to be a much simplier time. :)

I'm 36 going on 5. I have no wife/ex wife and no kids to tie me down, so I can live a pretty free lifestyle. I can be responsible when I need to be, but most of the time, I just like to muck around and have a lot of fun.

Life didn't start for me until I hit 50...now its all good...
now all I have to do is work out how I can retire without being on the pension:eek:

Boods

30s

Hiya

I think one of my best times was late 20s into middle 30s...i had met my soul mate, got married, and had my 3 gorgeous kids!:p

(Note: the early 20s to mid 20s was hard: studying for uni, forging a career while trying to party at the same time!!!!)

Ouch!! I already miss the twenties!!

Was anyone else really anxious when they turned into the 30's? I know it's only another year but WOW this year feels different.

Congrats

But not good my friend. I am not very eagerly counting down unfortunately.

I'm 51 and remember being a bit spooked when I turned 40. Now I've turned 50, I seriously cannot imagine that I am "actually" 50. I don't feel any different to when I was 30 (except if I sit cross legged, I get sore knees when I get up :D).

I sure don't act any older.

Im currently 28, with 30 fast approaching.

With the amount of 'stuff' that I have crammed in my life in the past 10 years since leaving school, surely it can only get easier.

Sometimes my body feels 50 after a big few days at work, and what we do is no walk in the park by any stretch of the imagination. Then at other times, when I (sporadically) get on my bike, I can go as hard as I once did in my late teens/early 20's during Ironman!

Age is only a number - its what you do in that time that counts!

pinkboy

Thanks one and all! :)

Now the day is over I feel completely fine. Must have been the approaching jitters!

It only feels like yesterday I turned 21 but have done so much in those 9 years that I should be proud of. Met and married the best man in the world, built a house and have a few investments. The only thing missing is the baby part but I'm not sure that will ever happen. Hubby and I are pretty happy just the two of us!

I have an identical twin that still lives in the UK which I miss terribly and that had a big impact on my doldrums yesterday..

Thanks for listening..I love this forum!!

Back