Jacque Parker a stand out!

Thankyou guys- it means a lot to be congratulated by you all. if it wasn't for my amazing clients this award wouldn't have been possible so thank you to all of them (including those on here who have used us!)

Along with our involvement in The Renovators (as buyers agents for the houses) it's been a big year and one of which we're very proud. Thanks again :D

Congrats Jacque,

I'm curious to know, what was the criteria for the house purchases? Were they really trying to buy to make a profit, or trying to buy the worst houses they could find for good TV?

Congrats Jacque,

I'm curious to know, what was the criteria for the house purchases? Were they really trying to buy to make a profit, or trying to buy the worst houses they could find for good TV?

Hi Matt

Without going into too much detail (given client confidentiality issues) we were given a range of budgets and specific criteria for each area that we purchased in. In particular we focused on a variety of styles in dwellings as well as reputable locations within each suburb. All properties were purchased well under suburb median price and had to present as renovators delights (which they certainly did!)

Some of the houses, as you noticed, were in worse shape than others but we were also limited by the stock that was on the market at the particular time we purchased. Though one house was a private/off market sale the others were all bought via auction, pre-auction or standard private treaty.

In a real-world scenario, the homes should have fetched higher prices however given the very limited and short selling auction campaign (3 weeks) as well as the network's desire to sell on the night, outcomes were obviously different as opposed to what a normal vendor would do (eg: PI a property, sell it private treaty, have a longer selling campaign etc).

Hopefully if Ch 10 do another season in 2012 we'll see more renovating of the houses, as has been the general feedback from viewers. But what a beautiful job those contestants did on them- they all should be very proud of their efforts :D

Back