Jan's new book available today !!!!

W

WebBoard

More Wealth from Residential Real Estate
by Jan Somers is available from lunch time today.

Lifes a beach at Caves

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Great, I'm off to the bookstores!! Wondered when she was going to publish another one. You just can't read enough property books.

cheers
EL

Reply: 2

On 11/1/01 10:27:00 AM, Chris Legg wrote:
>More Wealth from Residential
>Real Estate
>by Jan Somers is available
>from lunch time today.
>
>Lifes a beach at Caves
>
>Chris

is this a spam

Reply: 2.1

Yeah, George, I guess this would come under the technical definition of 'spam'.

But hey, since the Somers' are kind enough to HOST THIS SITE for which we DO NOT PAY..
Let's let this one slide, eh??

asy.

PS, thanks for the site, we appreciate it!

Reply: 2.2

whaddaya mean SPAM!

This is the SOMERS site. They (or anyone else) can tout Jan's books whenever and however they want on this forum.

(and bloody good books they are too!)

wake up!

Reply: 2.2.1

What a hoot.

Before we all hang, draw and quarter George, let us re read his question as if it were a newbies innocence/ naivete coming through.

Let us show our Christian side and let him live. :)

Jude

~ Never take no for an answer from someone not empowered to say yes ~

Reply: 2.2.1.1

Since I had just ordered my own copy I thought everyone would like to know.

Doesn't SPAM stand for Specially Produced American Meat

Lifes a beach at Caves

Chris

Reply: 2.2.1.2

As a non christian I would prefer a public stoning of the infidel!

How the hell can you spam your own site?

Reply: 2.2.1.2.1

I agree how can you spam you own site with your own product?

Anyway I've just ordered my copy and look forward to receiving it by snail mail.

Michael Croft
"The best parachute folders are those who jump themselves."

Reply: 2.2.1.2.1.1

Would someone be able to confirm if the book has anything new in it or is another neg gearing rehash from the previous books.

Reply: 2.2.1.2.1.1.1

At $30 who cares! So don't order take away this week. At what price would you value several decades of integrated IP experience?

If it contains updated stats/version of the old stuff, a bit of new stuff and some inspirational bits; that'll do me. OK, so I too have my dodads and they are on my IP library shelf ;^)

Seriously though,it will be interesting to see how Jan's philosophy has matured/developed over the years and modified to account for the current economic climate.

Michael Croft
"The best parachute folders are those who jump themselves."

Reply: 2.2.1.2.1.1.1.1

I like Jans stuff,

I would buy the book regardless,

purely to say thanks, and to show my support of such a brilliant site, which we have all learned so much from.

Yep, I am down for one book snail mail as well.

What Jan Somers has done for investor information ( not to mention being one of Australia's very few successful FEMALE property investors), is nothing short of brilliant.

Jan is an inspiration and a fantastic role model, not to mention a really classy lady :eek:)

Go Jan! Go!

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Reply: 2.2.1.2.1.1.1.2

Perhaps I'm naive, however when I first read George's post I assumed it was a tongue in cheek comment.

mm.. sweet sweet spam.

Cheers
Steve :)

Reply: 2.2.1.2.1.1.1.2.1

It was too subtle for me but then I am a bit thick/insensitive at times, comes from being a Sagitarian ;^)

Reply: 2.2.1.2.1.1.1.2.1.1

Come to think of it perhaps George was referring to Chris Legg's constant promotion of Caves as SPAM? There's a Monty Python skit in there somewhere.

Reply: 2.2.1.2.1.1.1.1.1

Agreed there TW.

I think we should all be buying the book to say thankyou for having provided the "Forumites"with this magnificent "free" forum to intermingle our creative minds and ideas.

Jan and Ian Somers have paid out large amounts of their own cash to not only keep this website opened and free for all to use but upgrade it to the forum we now use. The added extras such as the Chat Rooms and the different sectors within the forum, where we can organise meetings and for, importantly, a place where Newbies can go to learn from our old posts. Now is our time to pay gratitude. I sure will be buying the book.

The people that I have meet from this forum and made good friends with have improved both my quality of life and my financial future as well. To me it's now "Thankyou" time for Jan and Ian Somers.

Three Cheers for the Somers

Hipip, Horay.
Hipip, Horay.
Hipip, Horay.

I do have a question though for Jan Somers. If I buy the book through you can I get your autograph please?

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

Reply: 2.2.1.2.1.1.1.2.1.1.1

'Evening All

Spam???

Be buggered, more like Scotch fillet!!

Can't wait to get my copy!

Cheers Ian

Reply: 2.2.1.2.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1

I agree with The Wife - I'll buy it for a number of reasons. To see what someone with experience over a number of years is saying these days. You are never too old to learn something new (unless you think you already know it all - in which case, why would you be here?).
I'd buy it to show support for a successful woman of property - there aren't a heap of those around. And finally I'll buy it also as a way of saying thank you for the forum and supporting those who so generously make it available.
This kind of spam I can stand.
Jane B

Reply: 2.2.1.2.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1

Here's a bit of a laugh for everyone. I bought Building Wealth... only to discover that it promoted neg. gearing, and being the know-it-all that I was at the time regarding RE with my whole two months of reading, thought I knew it all, and neg gearing was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard of, me - neg. gear? Never! To top it off, anyone that did neg. gear was an idiot...(It was only after discovering this site that I realised who the idiot was...) Anyway, I've just started reading the book, and it's great! Not convinced that neg. gearing is the way to go, but now I've opened my mind enough to the point that I feel that it might be a viable part of my investment plan one day, if the opportunity that presents itself is worthy. Anyway, thanks Jan and everyone that posts here for opening my mind and I'll see you in IP land very soon!
Regards, Mark

Jan's new Cordial Mix !!!!

Reply: 2.2.1.2.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1

The mix of cordial or neg gearing does not have to be dark orange.

By mixing one property with another of different darkness of cordial you can come out with a almost clear drink.

As to the book i will be getting my copy this week.

Back